Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 06-18-08, 06:57 AM   #1
Timtruro

Bikes: Aegis Trident (Big Red)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bad Bike Dream

I had a bike related nightmare last night. I dreamed that I was leaving a bike store with my bike, not new, had been in for some repair.

Anyway, I put the bike on the carrier on the car and went back into the shop very briefly (not sure why), when I came out the bike was GONE. There were several cyclists in the parking lot making adjustments to their bikes etc, and no one had seen anything or anyone.

I located the store owner and told him what had happened and he nonchalantly stated "of course you have bike theft insurance?" I told him no, and as I went back into the shop to consider buying a new bike, I awoke in a cold sweat, got out of bed and went to the garage to check on my bike. Thankfully it was there.

I normally keep my bikes in the house but have three in the garage right now, and I remember being a little apprehensive when I moved them there. That must have been in my subconscious when I went to bed???? At any rate, the bikes come in the house TODAY to stay.
Timtruro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 07:04 AM   #2
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtruro View Post
I had a bike related nightmare last night. I dreamed that I was leaving a bike store with my bike, not new, had been in for some repair.

Anyway, I put the bike on the carrier on the car and went back into the shop very briefly (not sure why), when I came out the bike was GONE. There were several cyclists in the parking lot making adjustments to their bikes etc, and no one had seen anything or anyone.

I bet it was one of those cyclists

My biggest fear isn't someone stealing the bike from the garage or back of the van - it's someone rear ending me when I have the bike on the bike rack. I often put the bike inside the van but even then a rear-end collision would probably damage the wheels or frame (CF).

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 07:04 AM   #3
maddmaxx 
Small Member

Bikes: Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Be aware that bicycles..........like cats..........have knowledge of the craft.
Old 06-18-08, 07:26 AM   #4
Timtruro

Bikes: Aegis Trident (Big Red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly View Post
I bet it was one of those cyclists

My biggest fear isn't someone stealing the bike from the garage or back of the van - it's someone rear ending me when I have the bike on the bike rack. I often put the bike inside the van but even then a rear-end collision would probably damage the wheels or frame (CF).
Oh No, one more thing to obsess about!
Timtruro is offline   Reply With Quote