Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Bad Bike Dream

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Bike Dream

I had a bike related nightmare last night. I dreamed that I was leaving a bike store with my bike, not new, had been in for some repair.

Anyway, I put the bike on the carrier on the car and went back into the shop very briefly (not sure why), when I came out the bike was GONE. There were several cyclists in the parking lot making adjustments to their bikes etc, and no one had seen anything or anyone.

I located the store owner and told him what had happened and he nonchalantly stated "of course you have bike theft insurance?" I told him no, and as I went back into the shop to consider buying a new bike, I awoke in a cold sweat, got out of bed and went to the garage to check on my bike. Thankfully it was there.

I normally keep my bikes in the house but have three in the garage right now, and I remember being a little apprehensive when I moved them there. That must have been in my subconscious when I went to bed???? At any rate, the bikes come in the house TODAY to stay.
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timtruro View Post
    I had a bike related nightmare last night. I dreamed that I was leaving a bike store with my bike, not new, had been in for some repair.

Anyway, I put the bike on the carrier on the car and went back into the shop very briefly (not sure why), when I came out the bike was GONE. There were several cyclists in the parking lot making adjustments to their bikes etc, and no one had seen anything or anyone.

I bet it was one of those cyclists

My biggest fear isn't someone stealing the bike from the garage or back of the van - it's someone rear ending me when I have the bike on the bike rack. I often put the bike inside the van but even then a rear-end collision would probably damage the wheels or frame (CF).
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Be aware that bicycles..........like cats..........have knowledge of the craft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly View Post
    I bet it was one of those cyclists

My biggest fear isn't someone stealing the bike from the garage or back of the van - it's someone rear ending me when I have the bike on the bike rack. I often put the bike inside the van but even then a rear-end collision would probably damage the wheels or frame (CF).
    Oh No, one more thing to obsess about!
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)