Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

My Friday Ride

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

My Friday Ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-08, 11:08 PM
Don't mince words

Bikes: '16 BH Quartz, 2017 Calfeecustom carbon tandem, Fuji D6 TT bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
My Friday Ride

So I decided to get out before the heat, but because I teach a class at my club at 8, it was 9:45 before I finally coasted away from home. It was already quite warm and I was prepared for it. I warmed up on some rollers, then headed for Cantelow for the big cllimb.

Along the way I stopped to admire the flowers. My cellphone is my camera.

A week ago they weren't in bloom.

Right near the steepest part of the climb is a field with some burros. They usually stop grazing and watch as cyclists pedal past them.

It was all downhill after that. And hot. I was glad to be home before 11.

The goal of this ride was to just notice things that were picture-worthy, not to finish it in x time, or average y mph, or spend xy min. at some heart rate. I do plenty of that. This ride was for fun.
Old 06-22-08, 12:03 AM
Ol' Paint

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Grand Prix,'71 Schwinn Super Sport, '73 Schwinn Paramount, '83 Schwinn Super Sport, '84(?) Univega Gran Sprint, '89 Schwinn Waterford Paramount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interesting how these pictures give the impression of the California Plein Aire school of landscape painting with solid light and thick color. Photo rides have a completely different pace and feel to them, since your primary goal is to notice what is around you, not beat the clock into submission. I don't do enough of them, but I love to see other folk's rides and pictures. Thanks.
-- Leon Briggs
Old 06-22-08, 05:32 AM
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My kind of ride, RR. I enjoy stopping to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith