Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone drinking V8 Fusion??

One of my cycling pals is a MD. After we rode the other night we talked about various sports drinks, recovery drinks, etc. He pointed out that V8 juice is pretty good stuff as it has a lot more potassium that most sports drinks. I thought it just came in a tomato flavor but he pointed out there are several fruit flavors available now in the V8 Fusion series-strawberry/banana, orange, berry, etc. I'm just not a tomato juice person-unless it involves a bloody mary.

It's certainly not cheap but I bought one of the large bottles in the orange/pineapple flavor and tried it yesterday-in fact I drank the whole thing. Darn if I don't think there is something to the stuff. I wore myself out riding really hard Thursday and then played golf Friday in pretty hot and muggy conditions. Normally when I do that I just don't have much in the tank the next day. Surprisingly my legs were really strong on today's 100k and I didn't have the first sign of any cramping.

Anyone else drink the stuff even if it's not as a "sports drink"?

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i haven't tried the Fusion yet. I like the regular tomatoey V8 just fine. I have a glass most morinings, but I haven't tried it as a sports drink yet. Oh, I guess I have. Some of our "rest stops" are at mini-marts, whereat I will get a small can.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    V8 juice is good, but very high in sodium, which may be a concern for all of us reformed hypertensives.
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had it. It's pretty good. My kids like it too.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taste = yuck.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you telling me that I should have had a V8?

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That high sodium content is one of it's best points on a hot, sweaty ride.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    trek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the fusion and thought the taste was good, but just like with a smoothie the cost doesn't make sense. It is much more economical to by fresh Strawberries and bananas and much better for you. Gatorade has as much sodium as V8 and is less expensive. I tend to think the fresh fruits and veggies are the way to go.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.bikeforums.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=115093&dateline=1207511414[/SIGPIC]