Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Fear no hill
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tour de blast .. ride report.

Well the weather was better than anyone expected today. Got a little spit of rain about five minutes on the way up, but that’s about it for rain. The wind at the top was another story. I darn near got blown into the guard rail several times on the last 1/4 mile to the top.

The wind took all the fun out of the first descent

Aside from it just being a great day to ride I am pretty exited because I cut a full 50 minutes off my time from last years ride! I am pretty stoked about that number. Mind you last year I had only been riding for three months, but still.

At the end of the ride I was putting my gear in the truck and a twenty something guy a few cars down says I remember you. I said oaky ... Then he says I passed you on a down hill and then after the hill you just went motoring on by me! I told him I was on a mission from God. I hope he has seen the Blues Brothers movie. Otherwise he probably just thinks I am nuts. I guess I should mention that I am 51 as of a few days ago.

I was on a mission of sorts. At the last rest stop I realized that my time was pretty good and I was not all that tired. So I decided to hammer the rest of the ride. After around 65 miles of riding and 6000 feet of climbing I was hitting speeds that I have never hit on any of my training rides.

Sorry to toot my own horn here .. just a little exited

Machka
    You will be happy to know I only ate real food on the ride today
    Last edited by Fixitman; 06-21-08 at 11:49 PM.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixitman View Post
    Aside from it just being a great day to ride I am pretty exited because I cut a full 50 minutes off my time from last years ride! I am pretty stoked about that number. Mind you last year I had only been riding for three months, but still.

Sorry to toot my own horn here .. just a little exited
    You have the right to be excited about cutting that many minutes off a ride
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to you too. That looks like such a great ride. And that's a big improvement in time.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post