Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: My Friday Ride

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Friday Ride

So I decided to get out before the heat, but because I teach a class at my club at 8, it was 9:45 before I finally coasted away from home. It was already quite warm and I was prepared for it. I warmed up on some rollers, then headed for Cantelow for the big cllimb.

Along the way I stopped to admire the flowers. My cellphone is my camera.

A week ago they weren't in bloom.

Right near the steepest part of the climb is a field with some burros. They usually stop grazing and watch as cyclists pedal past them.

It was all downhill after that. And hot. I was glad to be home before 11.

The goal of this ride was to just notice things that were picture-worthy, not to finish it in x time, or average y mph, or spend xy min. at some heart rate. I do plenty of that. This ride was for fun.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

Ol' Paint
    My Bikes
    90s(?)Bianchi Advantage, '68 Raleigh Grand Prix, 80s(?) Raleigh Gran Sport mixte, '95 Schwinn Clear Creek, '88(?) Fuji, '69 Schwinn Flyer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting how these pictures give the impression of the California Plein Aire school of landscape painting with solid light and thick color. Photo rides have a completely different pace and feel to them, since your primary goal is to notice what is around you, not beat the clock into submission. I don't do enough of them, but I love to see other folk's rides and pictures. Thanks.
    "In my cathedral,
    colored glass holds no candle to
    sunlight through trees."
    -- Leon Briggs

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My kind of ride, RR. I enjoy stopping to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith