Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 06-23-08, 06:38 PM   #1
Litespeed
Senior Moment

Bikes: Litespeed Blueridge
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Purchased saddle

I had ordered a Koobi PRS Enduro saddle almost a year ago and think it is great. The saddle on our tandem is starting to show signs of wear so I decided to go ahead and purchase another Koobi. Last time when I ordered, there was a small cosmetic flaw (that I didn't even see), but they pointed out and gave me $10 off the purchase price. This time when I ordered the same saddle with manganese rails, they upgraded it to Ti rails and took $10 off my original cost -- is that cool or what??? They seem like a great company and I haven't had any problem with the saddle at all. The saddle also comes with two additional sets of elastomers. I don't think to many companies would do something like an upgrade and give a discount to boot.
Litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-08, 06:55 PM   #2
HAMMER MAN
Semper Fidelis

Bikes: Tiemeyer Road Bike & Ridley Domicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
almost bought a koobie but the model i wanted was not in stock, so i ordered a selle italia gel max.
when I talked to phil i believe that was his name the smp saddle that is going for $250-300 is a spin-off of one they made 9 yrs ago.
If they would have had one in house i would have the model i wanted i would have bought one.
HAMMER MAN is offline   Reply With Quote