1. Wear street shoes for the foreseeable future until you get a LOT more skills, you're safer in the tricky parts.
2. Tricky includes wet slick roots, wet slick rock ledges and wet slick rocks the size of your head on wet slick rock ledges.
3. Get a bash guard for that chain ring. That frickin plastic thing that I thought was a bash guard isn't.
4. Speed is my friend in mud and soft gravel crossings. Just because I have a friend there does not make those spots easy.
5. I CAN lift the front wheel over a 6 inch log.
6. Your FD can get enough rocks and mud on it that it will stop shifting.
7. A thudbuster is starting to sound good, even though it's only day two really riding one.
8. I am going to have to do something to save my truck seats if I keep this up.
9. I think I might have an inkling why people like single track.
10. Just because the front wheel takes a six inch jump to one side or the other does not necessarily mean you are going down.
I am barely starting to see what this bike can do and it is pretty impressive, this is going to be a lot of fun.