Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bicycle/Coyote Treat Today

Today, I was joined by my wife and a gentleman near 80 yo for a short 11 mile ride.

Along the way we stopped at a bicycle bridge over the creek.

The gentleman said - "There is a deer out there."

It soon became apparent that it wasn't a deer, but a pretty good sized coyote. And the coyote was in the water, trying to get to a duck and her ducklings.

We watched as the coyote tried again and again, and the mama duck shepherded her ducklings out of the way - for about 10 minutes. The coyote never succeeded in getting to the ducks, and finally gave up.

BTW, the gentleman had a quintuple bypass a few months back and this was his first ride since. He did fine.

After the "ride," I then rode on for another ten miles just to get a "real" ride in!

It was fun.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 06-24-08 at 01:26 PM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 80--and after a quintuple- 11 miles would be a long ride for me. Took me 8 weeks to get up to 20 miles after the bypass and I was only 52 at the time.

And glad to say- We don't have many coyotes or the like over here- So don't have an eyesight problem in confusing it with a deer.

Tell your 80 year old gentleman- the 3 month ride is a 40 miler. He may not realise it- but his "Reconditioned" heart is a lot better than the old one.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    . . .We don't have many coyotes or the like over here- So don't have an eyesight problem in confusing it with a deer. . . .
    Yeah, but watch out for those hedgehogs. Little devils'll sneak up on ya'. And they charge when they're wounded!