Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live 50+ meetup, ride report, with photos!

Tricia and I went on a Bicycle Adventures tour of the Oregon Coast and had a great time. We even missed all the rain. We had amazing weather all week.
    AND, as we rolled into Newport 50+er Skiph met us and gave us a mini tour. We though we'd meet for dinner or more riding, but our motel kinda messd us up (Room? Now? Come back later...) and by the time we got the room and all we were just out of gas.

Our ride was beyond swell. Not only was the weather grand with all the sun and tail winds, but the tour was a blast. We ate so well I think I gained weight. We even had a hike. I hate hikes, but loved this one. It was so... green.

At the end of the ride we stayed in Portland -- an amazingly bike friendly city -- and saw some of the bike fest they call Pedalpalooza. The "Sexy Bike Ride" started just down from our hotel and it was a riot.

Check out my Flickr slide show

Here's us and Skiph

Here's Tricia

From the "Sexy Bike Ride" (more at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ccorlew...7605794755147/)
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that you had a great time. Looks like a lot of fun. That sure is beautiful country.

I told you that the historical weather data showed that the Portland area doesn't get much rain this time of the year.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing....really fantastic photos.

One question - you didn't stop for Tillamook ice cream? I was looking for an ice cream photo...

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love pictures of real people on bikes. Great shots.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BengeBoy View Post
    Thanks for sharing....really fantastic photos.

One question - you didn't stop for Tillamook ice cream? I was looking for an ice cream photo...
    Ice cream requires the entire soul of existence. We stopped. We ate. We smiled. Photos were not made. We have only the sweet memory of the flavors skipping over our tongues much as the way bike tires on fly a sweet decent. Over over far to quickly, yet providing joy and peacefulness.
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com