Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's leaving for good this time....

All growed up and all educated, got the papers to prove it. She'll be leaving
    home (our home, mine and my bride's) Tuesday for California with her S.O.
    They'll set up house keeping in southern L.A. (Summit City ?) and she'll
    start her job on the 21st of July.

Funny thing. You raise them to be independent and then the little stinkers actually
    go out and become independent. We'll miss her, but she's doing what she has
    been striving for for years. She's excelled at everything she attempted in her 22+ years
    and I expect she'll thrive at the job also.

It's kinda hard watching as she sorts through her treasures, this comes with me, this
    stays behind, this gets donated. The G.T. Mountain bike....she's taking that with her.

That's a good girl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to the both of you.

My Bikes
    06 Co-Motion Tandem, Fuji Team Pro mine,-Hers, Specialized Dolce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know how you feel. It was mixed feelings watching my little girl packing all her stuff to move away and live on her own. I was so proud of her. Proving her independence and bravely taking on the world. On the other hand I still remembered the day she came into the world holding tightly to my finger and staring so intently into my eyes for the first time. Then not so long after my son did the same thing and the same flood of emotions came.

You raised her to be an independent and strong woman and it looks like it took. Congratulations dad.
    Two blondes walked into a building-You think one of them would have seen it.
    2006 Co-Motion Roadster 2006 Fuji Team Pro, 2005 Specialized Dolce Comp, 2008 Orbea Diva (Red Riders Baby-"The Avocado")
    Custom Simonetti (thanks Steve)

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a small house- Just big enough for me and the wife and 2 daughters. Put another couple of Boyfriends in there and it gets a bit crowded. Both my daughters left a few years ago and although the house is less crowded- It is no longer overcrowded with 6 mouths to feed. Meal times were getting frantic.

Mind you- Both daughters have moved back to our Home town and bought houses within 1/2 mile of us. Meal times do get crowded occasionally and I keep wondering where the Router or the Garden shredder has got to.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it you encouraged all those things she excelled at. That's the thing that works. It does lead to this 'flying the coop' problem. We have learned to enjoy our childrens successes from afar, and we keep encouraging further adventures. It's not hard to get them to share it with us. bk

Banned.
    My Bikes
    Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is the first time she has moved out don't get too excited. She may not come back but for many of us they do come back. It just takes a year or so. LOL

My Bikes
    Bruce Gordon BLT, Cannondale parts bike, Ecodyne recumbent trike, Counterpoint Opus 2, miyata 1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there done that with two of them. Both girls moved out of state, If they had stayed close enough to land on us frequently or even full time there would have been some very tough rules laid out and held to. My wife came up with most of the tougher rules we thought up. As it is we are still holding a couple of their things in case they ever want to pay for the cost of shipping.
    This space open

My Bikes
    ariZona carbon fiber tandem & single
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice thing being empty nesters . . .
    Raised them right, they're doing fine.
    Now it's OUR time again!
    Yeeee-Ha!
    Pedal on TWOgether!