Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wider Pad than Voler Ion SL?

Does anyone know of any cycling shorts that have a wider pad than the Ion SL in the Voler (Hammer Nutrition) shorts? I am a normal size guy with wide spaced "sitbones" and need a very wide pad to be comfortable. Thanks for any help.

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My LBS carries some Nike shorts that I can't find online anywhere. They have a wider pad than the Pearl Izuni or Canari shorts I have. They were only $69 (I got them for $54 on sale ) so they have the PI's beat by price for sure and I think they are more comfortable as well. They do fit small. I'm 5'10" at 185lbs and the XL is tight. Sorry I can't find any model number or name for them.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, now I get to disclose something I thought no one would ever know about. I've found that the width of the pad can be different between shorts/bids from the same company and the same model/type. I know how wide I like my pads, and have actually measured the width of my favorite ones. I take this measurement and a tailor's tape measure with me when I shop for shorts. Then I always turn the shorts inside and and measure the pad. Recently I bought three pair of Performance Elite Bib shorts (because the pads were the right size). I turned down four other pairs because the pads was too narrow in three of them and too wide in the fourth. I've had similar experiences with Pearl Izumi and Cannondale.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pad isn't supposed to cover the sit bone area.
    If your sit bone area is uncomfortable try a different saddle position or a new saddle.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz