User Tag List

My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New bike for the Mrs.

My wife has been riding a Diamondback "comfort" bike for the past couple years. She will only ride on Mups, but even that has been getting a bit difficult, due to some arthritis problems getting worse. She wants to keep riding, but the Diamondback has been too much work. So, yesterday we stopped at the LBS, and she picked out a Trek 7.3 fx. This morning, we went on a 20 miler, and it was great to see the smile on her face when she finished! The Trek is aluminum, so it's somewhat lighter than the Diamondback. The Trek also shifts much more smoothly than the old steed, and with more "road"-like tires, she is having a much better time of it. It'll be nice to see her actually enjoying rides now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
    My wife has been riding a Diamondback "comfort" bike for the past couple years. She will only ride on Mups, but even that has been getting a bit difficult, due to some arthritis problems getting worse. She wants to keep riding, but the Diamondback has been too much work. So, yesterday we stopped at the LBS, and she picked out a Trek 7.3 fx. This morning, we went on a 20 miler, and it was great to see the smile on her face when she finished! The Trek is aluminum, so it's somewhat lighter than the Diamondback. The Trek also shifts much more smoothly than the old steed, and with more "road"-like tires, she is having a much better time of it. It'll be nice to see her actually enjoying rides now.
    I'll bet it was. Sometimes the right equipment makes all the difference in the world.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, yesterday we stopped at the LBS, and she picked out a Trek 7.3 fx. .
    The Trek FX series are nice bikes. One of the ladies who attends the park biking program switched from a hybrid to a Trek FX last year and she loves it. She's in her early seventies and has seen a big improvement in her rides. She's even joined us on a couple club road rides as she feels she can ride farther and longer on it.

Did your wife get the 7.3 WSD?
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly View Post
    Did your wife get the 7.3 WSD?
    Yup, that's the one. She was really starting to struggle, and I'm just happy she can keep doing the mup rides. We usually do anywhere from 8-20 miles, depending on how stubborn she feels, but now she is looking forward to the 20 milers on a regular basis.

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . . . it was great to see the smile on her face when she finished! . . .
    It's hard to beat the combination of that smile and it being important to you.
    George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler