Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member Retro Grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    St Peters, Missouri
    My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Posts
    24,013
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Woo hoo, a 6 bike week!

    In the last 6 days I've ridden 6 different bikes. That's a good week.

    Saturday - tandem ride with my wife.
    Sunday - rode the Kline with the fellow that I'm going on vacation with. He can pretty much drop me anytime that he feels like it but he's too polite.
    Monday - mountain bike ride. Harder than I expected. I was able to ride all of the hills but I walked the tricky baby head creek crossings. I need more practice to get my mountain bike skills back.
    Tuesday - fixed gear ride. I was still tired from Monday so I only rode about 10 miles. Besides it doesn't take a very good excuse for me to cut a fixed gear ride short. I just don't get the fixed gear thing.
    Wednesday - beater bike ride around town to a meeting and to run some errands.
    Thurdsay - retro grouch bike on the KATY trail.

    I still have a ride planned for tomorrow so I could make it a seven bike week but I'm out of bikes.

  2. #2
    Small Member maddmaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Posts
    7,126
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Right off the bat, that's an N+1 excuse to me. Perhaps N+2 if you can dump the fixie.
    Just take it

  3. #3
    Senior Member ?? Beverly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Englewood,Ohio
    My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Posts
    5,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    I still have a ride planned for tomorrow so I could make it a seven bike week but I'm out of bikes.
    Time to get a bike for the 7th day
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

    Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

  4. #4
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,349
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Tuesday - fixed gear ride. I was still tired from Monday so I only rode about 10 miles. Besides it doesn't take a very good excuse for me to cut a fixed gear ride short. I just don't get the fixed gear thing.
    You're supposed to ride them on an oval track.

    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  5. #5
    His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Paoli, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Posts
    9,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need a recumbent so that you can both take a ride and rest on the seventh day.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

    There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

  6. #6
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,349
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    You need a recumbent so that you can both take a ride and rest on the seventh day.
    A Gravity Bike would be good too. No pedaling: just rest.

    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •