User Tag List

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gray vitamins for the 50+ crowd

How could I take any other generic vitamin-mineral supplement?

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we get into the 50's its time to assess this whole health thing. For me, bike riding really helped healthwise which is my first reason for riding. As we get older, our lifestyle catches up with us and we are kind of forced to change.

I take no supplements. I start out each morning with a home made smoothie concoction. Fruits mixed with vegetables, mostly green leafy for those all important minerals. There's one exception, during the longer bike rides, I take gels and the Hammer brand Endurolyte capsules for electrolyte replenishment.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The numbers of commercials on television for this drug and that med are begining to make me nervous. I remember a lot of mortgage commercials and stock broker commercials a couple of years ago.

I'm not sure that the hiring of advertising people by the drug companies is in our best interest.

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The drug commercials on TV are pretty annoying.
    When they mention the four-hour warning about ED drugs, I nudge my stoker/wife and ask "Wouldn't that be great?"

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never took any supplements as of a few years back - but started to as of early last year - a multivitamin, glucosamine and a baby aspirin each day. I even have the daily pill dispenser - man do I feel old. Because I try to run a small calorie defecit to continue my slow weight loss - I figure the vitamins are a good thing, although I don't have joint issues - with the hill climbing I do I don't want to start - so the glucosamine and my PA suggested the aspirin. I use to watch my dad in his 80's loading up his meds for the week - sometimes I feel like I am tunring into him.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the years there have been many products for the elder person to boost their energy. I only listen to the ones that will fit in with my life style so A glass of red wine keeps the heart in good condition and so does a bottle of Guinness. Only problem is they don't mention the size of the glass so I reckon a pint will do for the wine and why don't they sell Guinness in quarts?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Garfield Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield Cat View Post
    When we get into the 50's its time to assess this whole health thing. For me, bike riding really helped healthwise which is my first reason for riding. As we get older, our lifestyle catches up with us and we are kind of forced to change.

I take no supplements. I start out each morning with a home made smoothie concoction. Fruits mixed with vegetables, mostly green leafy for those all important minerals. There's one exception, during the longer bike rides, I take gels and the Hammer brand Endurolyte capsules for electrolyte replenishment.

I'm the same as Garfield Cat. No vitamins and I make homemade smoothies of fruit blended with vegetables.

What I'd like to know more is about GC's gells. Garfield, how do you make your gels? Or do you buy them?

Tony
    Just because God says He will save all mankind does not necessarily mean He won't (1 Tim.2:4-6; 4:10,11)

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but I don't make the gels. I buy GU. Mostly on sale the whole box when the expiration date gets close.