Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 yr old takes off on his bike

From a Calgary news report - High River is about 23 miles from Calgary. Sounds like something I would love to do at 80, just ride off and let others try to find me.

"A happy ending, in the search for a missing senior citizen.

80-year-old Russell Fraser went missing Friday morning and he was found late Saturday afternoon, miles away from home!

The man lives near the Weaselhead Park. He hopped on his bicycle and rode all the way to High River!!

Police tell 660 News, the man does have a medical condition that had his family very worried.

About 20 people volunteered to search for the elderly gentleman. Police say, they sent out as many officers as they could spare today to look for him. HAWCS helicopter also scanned the Weaselhead area. "
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not lost................I've been right here all along....

dit
    My Bikes
    custom built 531 db sport touring frame
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My grandfather rode a bike for transportation until he was well into his 90"s and he did not just plod along either. He rode a big heavy Schwinn with a steel front basket, a 6' dog knocker, and wearing heavy street cloths with long johns even in the middle of the summer with a leather cap on his head. All of this with a load of groceries in the basket on the way home from the store 6 miles away. He visited relation about 90 miles away a couple times a year. He and his twin brother walked to the county seat a couple of times a month which was about 10 miles by following the railroad tracks. ........ If only I was in half that good of shape.

ditz

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    80-year-old Russell Fraser went missing Friday morning and he was found late Saturday afternoon, miles away from home!
    Did the article say what he was doing all night? Hopefully it didn't get too cold for the man.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith