Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it's the jersey...

I got my 50+ jersey over the weekend-- and rode in it this morning on my commute to work. I rode about 10% faster than normal... maybe it's the jersey

train safe--

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buelito View Post
    I got my 50+ jersey over the weekend-- and rode in it this morning on my commute to work. I rode about 10% faster than normal... maybe it's the jersey

train safe--
    Maybe I should have bought more than one if it has this effect

We need a pic!
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure hope so. I've got mine on for the first time right now and I'm leaving in about 20 minutes to meet some other folks for a 30 to 50 mile ride.

No picture because I'm a retro grouch so I don't have the technology or the interest.

mud
    My Bikes
    07 Fuji Professional 2.0, Specialized Roubaix SL4 Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laboratory test indicate that wearing a 50+ jersey will takes ten years off your age!
    Mud
    I'm not old! I've always been wrinkled, balding with a spare tire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

train safe--
    Sounds about right to me.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Others saw the jersey and were shaking in fear. Naturally they cleared the way for you and made your route free. Like the parting of the Red Sea. They've heard about them 50+ers.. GRRRRrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a 50+ jersey yet, but I do have a "fast" jersey. It's an old Descente that I bought used. Fits like a coat of paint (close, but not tight), and whenever I wear it, my average speed goes up by about 2 mph. No kidding.

SP

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I'm back.

Jersey worked great! I rode at or near the front of whatever group I was with all morning. That doesn't happen very often with me - maybe I just found the right group of people to ride with. Got lots of compliments on the plus 50 jersey. Several people wanted to know where I got it and some asked if there was a plus 60 version. All in all it was a really, really nice ride.

My Bikes
    specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Dangit if there is a third order ever going in I want one. I missed out the first two times (monetary issues) it was the jersey of finish up my wifes bike (guess which) but next time I'm getting one. How is the fit? A loose fit or are they tight.? I like a looser fit myself I just don't deal with tight shirts very well
    (Life is too short to play crappy guitars) 2006 Raleigh Cadent 3.0, 1977 Schwinn Volare, 2010 Windsor tourist. ( I didn't fall , I attacked the floor)

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbreaker View Post
    How is the fit? A loose fit or are they tight.? I like a looser fit myself I just don't deal with tight shirts very well
    I got the club cut. I would describe the fit as similar to other event jersey's that I've acquired. In other words, it fits my chest nicely but it hugs my belly a little more tightly than I'd like. I'm thinking that's not the fault of the jersey.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    I got the club cut. I would describe the fit as similar to other event jersey's that I've acquired. In other words, it fits my chest nicely but it hugs my belly a little more tightly than I'd like. I'm thinking that's not the fault of the jersey.
    Not enough Pie!! It should fit the belly tight- not just hug it. Or thats how my Club fit- Fits.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

train safe--
    If you wear two, will you go 20% faster?

OK, I'm back.

Jersey worked great! I rode at or near the front of whatever group I was with all morning. That doesn't happen very often with me - maybe I just found the right group of people to ride with. Got lots of compliments on the plus 50 jersey. Several people wanted to know where I got it and some asked if there was a plus 60 version. All in all it was a really, really nice ride.
    Not 60+, 65+.

No picture because I'm a retro grouch so I don't have the technology or the interest.
    Yet, somehow you found your way onto the internet, and are no longer writing letters long hand and making hundreds of hand-written copies.

Do you have any 3 cent stamps? They don't work any more.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox View Post
    Not 60+, 65+.
    If you make a plus 65 jersey, I'm in.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely faster in mine. My jersey is so tight it is more aero than my skin suit!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI,
    Jeeze now I have to find a 50+ jersey, I want all those people who sit in cars in traffic to knowand old geezer is who's passing them on the side of the road making better time and buring less gas.
    How many MPG do you get out of your bike?HEHE
    Doug