Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Here's some Video! (10 wheels, you should recognize it!)

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-08, 07:27 AM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

I had a little fun here with some video. It was actually filmed June 14th this year at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Tour de Cure) from my handlebar camera. If you look carefully, among others, you'll see 10 wheels in it.

https://www.veoh.com/videos/v14730652jEssjNp5

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 07-18-08, 07:33 AM
Banned.

Bikes: GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
I must say that I'm not a big fan of handlebar-mounted cameras. It causes some serious motion-sickness for me. It's even a bigger problem with mountain biking.

Cool video nonetheless.
Old 07-18-08, 07:43 AM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,401 Times in 896 Posts
Ha ha! That's pretty cool!
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 07-18-08, 09:19 AM
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1338 Post(s)
Liked 2,474 Times in 1,449 Posts
Nice music...The Ride of the Valkyries - Wagner is one of my favorite pieces although I am capable of snoozing through other Wagner works. I assume this was some type of recreational event where people get to ride on track.

For your cultural edification...

The Ride of the Valkyries (German: Walkürenritt), is the popular term for the beginning of Act III of Die Walküre by Richard Wagner. The main theme of the ride, the leitmotif labelled Walkürenritt was first written down by the composer on 23 July 1851. The preliminary draft for the Ride was composed in 1854 as part of the composition of the entire opera which was fully orchestrated by the end of the first quarter of 1856. Together with the Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin, the Ride of the Valkyries is one of Wagner's best-known pieces. It stands out in part because of its references in popular culture, where it is used to represent stereotypical Grand Opera.

In the opera-house, the Ride, which takes around eight minutes, begins in the prelude to the Act, building up successive layers of accompaniment until the curtain rises to reveal a mountain peak where four of the eight Valkyrie sisters of Brünnhilde have gathered in preparation for the transportation of fallen heroes to Valhalla. As they are joined by the other four, the familiar tune is carried by the orchestra, while, above it, the Valkyries greet each other and sing their battle-cry. Apart from the song of the Rhinemaidens in Das Rheingold, it is the only ensemble piece in the first three operas of Wagner's Ring cycle. Outside the opera-house, it is usually heard in a purely instrumental version, which may be as short as three minutes.
Old 07-18-08, 09:27 AM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Yep, I happen to love Wagner and have listened many times to the complete cycle.

and yes, that was Tour de Cure, a fundraising ride for the American Diabetes Association. 10 wheels did a Century on the track that day. I had to drop out at 41.2 miles because I was riding with crash damage....

too sore to continue.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 07-18-08, 09:50 AM
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
Thanks for sharing Tom.