Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Felt the Road tonite

But only through my seat and bars. TWL made me do it.

Man have we had the weather, warmish (upper 80's) but bearable (below 60 dewpoint) humidity. Freakin perfect bike riding weather. Forgot my helmet and gloves when I left the house after work so did a quick 14 on the MUP, it was nice, even though I did not fall, even one time. Wished I had the other stuff though. Oh well, tough titty.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this on a FELT bike?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the slicks on and go offroad. Then you will see how good the bike is. Or how cr*p you are.

Before I went to the dark side- I had mountain bikes. It did all the rides I wanted it to. Metrics and full centuries on the road included. High pressure slicks at 100psi. Front suspension as hard as possible and flip the stem to get more aerodynamic. None of which helped much as It still wore me out. Far more fun on the rough stuff. And 30 miles offroad still wears me out now.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a relief to hear, Rick. What with all of this backwoods stuff you've been describing, I thought you'd forsaken the Jamis and perfectly good pavement for this ill-advised, evil regimen of discomfort and injuries from rocks, roots, and rills. Perhaps there's a ray of hope.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR View Post
    Was this on a FELT bike?
    As a matter of fact, it was. FELT Nine Comp to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Get the slicks on and go offroad. Then you will see how good the bike is. Or how cr*p you are.

Before I went to the dark side- I had mountain bikes. It did all the rides I wanted it to. Metrics and full centuries on the road included. High pressure slicks at 100psi. Front suspension as hard as possible and flip the stem to get more aerodynamic. None of which helped much as It still wore me out. Far more fun on the rough stuff. And 30 miles offroad still wears me out now.
    I think the bike is good and I know I am crap. No need for slicks to prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor j View Post
    That's a relief to hear, Rick. What with all of this backwoods stuff you've been describing, I thought you'd forsaken the Jamis and perfectly good pavement for this ill-advised, evil regimen of discomfort and injuries from rocks, roots, and rills. Perhaps there's a ray of hope.
    Dude, I will never stop loving that Jamis. I rode it to town the other night in one of those combination fun/purpose rides - picked up a vehicle from the shop. I really like riding it through town. Traffic heightens my general state of awareness which is pretty cool. I am FINALLY getting enough riding in that I feel like I am more or less close to where I was this time last year. Losing a few pounds is not hurting anything there either.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.