Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: It is working.

Banned.
    My Bikes
    Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is working.

I have received some very good advice since joining this forum and it has started to pay off. I mentioned in another post that a few weeks ago I managed to push myself too hard and ended up with a pretty sore leg for my trouble. I didn’t mention that the day I over did it was a day when I do a lot of other high impact exercising.

It seems hard to believe that I could develop more stamina by taking a day off between long rides than I can by riding every day but that is just what is happening. Saturday I did 10 miles of rather flat riding. Monday I did 8 miles with a few small hills mixed in and today I did 20 miles taking the same ride I did last month that just about did me in.

I plan on sticking to my new regiment of hydration, fuel and rest while putting on base miles. If next month works out as well as the last few weeks I may rejoin the LBS group rides once a month. They ride three time a week now but I have other commitments two of those days.

Thanks to all that have posted what works for them so I can modify some of that to works for me. My weight is dropping, my blood pressure is dropping and my cholesterol is better than it has been in 15 years.

The bad part is I am going to blame all of you when I try to explain to my wife why I need another bike.

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See if you can get your doctor to write you a prescription for a new bike. Then maybe your insurance would pay for it, too!
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Foster View Post
    The bad part is I am going to blame all of you when I try to explain to my wife why I need another bike.
    That's what we're here for.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Banned.
    My Bikes
    Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    That's what we're here for.
    Thanks for being there for me.

She does give me the look whenever I pause by the Mountain bikes. She even wonders why I am looking at Craig’s list. But so far there has been no dialog. That is because I ride my Revive everywhere. I even do the grocery shopping with it and a trailer.

I just happen to live close to a 22-mile trail around our local lake. It happens to be 95 percent dirt and I have to climb a bit of a hill to get there. This will cost me a new hard wood floor I am sure.

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Foster View Post

This will cost me a new hard wood floor I am sure.
    could be worth it, unless you have to do the installation yourself.

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continue to enjoy... Maybe if the wife sees how much fun you are having, she may want to join you...hope hope

My Bikes
    2008 Specialized Roubaix Elite Compact, 2004 Giant Cypress, 1981 Specialized Sequoia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Mojo Slim's idea about a prescription for a new bike . . . Can you imagine how much healthier many of us could be if instead of pushing highly advertised pharmaceuticals doctors could prescribe fitness-related gear, covered at least in part by health insurance?
    2008 Specialized Roubaix Elite Compact
    1982 Specialized Sequoia