Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Turf Toe

My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turf Toe

I have been afflicted with tuf toe going on for two weeks now. I'm seriously thinking of a trip to the orthopedist or podiatrist for a steriod injection. Anyone else been so unlucky to have turf toe? Lane -- Lp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure it is turf toe? It might be a medical condition called gout, which is a type of arthritis, instead.

I've had both. Turf toe occurs after an injury. Gout can too but usually just happens.

My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've had it before too, hyperextension injury. Never had gout but seen more than enough come through our local ER

How did you manage the turf toe? Lp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For turf toe I recommend wearing a boot that keeps the joint from flexing, ice multiple times each day and anti-imflamatory meds. Pain meds can be helpful too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would that be the same as a stubbed toe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman_15106 View Post
    Would that be the same as a stubbed toe?
    http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/toep...problems_5.htm
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.