Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Cilo 12 speed road bike w/shimano 105 and tange #1 double butted frame,fork and stays...Schwinn criss cross, modified to climb off road..currently treaded for the katy trail.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, on the Katy trail....

I saw a 6 point buck in the velvet! I came over a slight rise and gradual curve and there he was, standing broadside in the trail a couple hundred feet off. I was going 19 mph...a little fast for the trail maybe, I don't know. I got pretty close before he realized I was nearly on him. Beautiful.

Todays ride was very good. I had fun most of the ride, improved my cadence, average speed and number of miles a little. Each is a small number, but a pretty good percentage for gradual improvement without injury. My heartrate is beginning to drop a little at key points I set on the trail to check it. There are some sections I am using to do this using the same gear, speed, distance, etc. I have stop points to actually get off the bike and check pulse. Today, I skipped all of these but two today, meaning I can actually ride longer without feeling the need to check myself (meaning keep myself in check). These points I am using for my own safety because of how I know I am. Today was the most relaxing ride even though everything is improved. Part of this is the outside temperature and humidity. That's why I decided to ride, even though I work 12 hours tonight. Just wanted to share...off to shower and nap.

God bless!

-Ron

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the Katy like near you? I am thinking of maybe going on a two day ride sometime next month and Sedalia is close enough. Man is the air thick enough these days or what?
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

My Bikes
    Cilo 12 speed road bike w/shimano 105 and tange #1 double butted frame,fork and stays...Schwinn criss cross, modified to climb off road..currently treaded for the katy trail.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thick is the right word! The trail goes right through town. That particualr stretch is a necessary evil for me...no shade...too many crossing streets. Today I experimented with some side streets with trees. Much better. Once you get out of town to the west, over by the state fairgounds there is a parking area you could park at and ride west to avoid all that. More shade to the west too. So far, I've only ventured 4.5 miles from that spot I told you about, but the difference in ride quality is pretty dramatic. That is also where the equestrian trail starts to the west. It's okay, but I prefer the road or real singletrack. I like the convenience for now since I'm getting back in condition. I wouldn't call it scenic, except for that one deer. I've seen pictures at the katy depot of the trail along the missouri river...that looks pretty nice!

God bless!

-Ron

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I decided to eat before the nap..LOL.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have certain rides that I use to check my "Performance". Trying one of the offroads tomorrow to find out how much road riding has ruined my trail hillclimbing ability. Boy am I going to hurt tomorrow night.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan