Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Cilo 12 speed road bike w/shimano 105 and tange #1 double butted frame,fork and stays...Schwinn criss cross, modified to climb off road..currently treaded for the katy trail.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"the devil's punchbowl"

Has anyone ridden there? It isn in california somewhere. I only know about it because I went to edwards AFB for a couple of weeks many years ago. Afriend stationed there took us riding there. I had set up my criss cross with 700x45 off road tires. we rode there, and there were only a couple of spots I couldn't ride across. Anyway, it's an equestrian/bike/hiking trail with gorgeous views, deadly dropoffs, narrow spots and loose surfaces in combinations that made it a real hoot to ride. Just wondered if anybody goes there. It was a standout ride from my past.

God bless!

-Ron

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never have. There's a trail called "Beelzebub's urinal" near here but it's too awful to talk about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Punchbowl

I have - check out this link: http://www.socalcycling.com/RaceAnn/...8Punchbowl.pdf

Tough race; usually hot in the high desert at the end of April, a lot of wind, and grinding climbs.