Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

confusing computer instructions.........

We have 4 bikes with 4 different cyclometers. Some with very easy to follow directions, some with not so great directions. I've got to say that out of all of them, the directions with my Cateye Micro Wireless have to be the least clear out of all of them. Anyone else have some "favorite" directions (doesn't have to be cyclometer) they are particularly "fond" of?

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix - Look 566 - Jamis Coda Elite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the 3 bikes that I have I have the same computer. It's much easier to try and set and remember one. I use the Cateye Strada, wired.
    George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Do not use while sleeping" on a hair dryer.

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freeranger View Post
    We have 4 bikes with 4 different cyclometers. Some with very easy to follow directions, some with not so great directions. I've got to say that out of all of them, the directions with my Cateye Micro Wireless have to be the least clear out of all of them.
    You don't own a Shimano Flight Deck, do you?

If you did, the Cateye instructions wouldn't seem so bad. Being American I'm only able to read the directions in English. Maybe one of the other 7 languages would be more clear.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    On the 3 bikes that I have I have the same computer. It's much easier to try and set and remember one. I use the Cateye Strada, wired.
    Used to use the Cateye Wireless and one computer for the 3 road bikes and The second setting for wheel size with the same computer for the MTB. Don't even have to do that now with the Garmin and a mount for each bike.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have often wondered if I couldn't hire myself out to the Chinese to write instruction manuals in English....They certainly don't have anyone that does it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freeranger View Post
    Anyone else have some "favorite" directions (doesn't have to be cyclometer) they are particularly "fond" of?
    Yes... the instructions that come with just about anything electronic anymore.

The ones that come with bike computers and digital watches are especially fun because the format is a little 1" x 2" book, which includes instructions for all the languages for all locations from 40 degrees north of the equator to 40 degrees south of the equator. And, like most instruction manuals for digital stuff, they are great and very informative if you already know how to use whatever it is that you are trying to learn how to use.

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigma makes sense once you figure out their odd almost wordless manual. I actually LOVE the computer, but at first I really wondered what I'd purchased.
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com