Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Trying something different.

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 08-14-08, 09:57 PM
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Every year about the middle of August I spend three days at a music festival in North Fork California. The primary music is Australian Aboriginal instruments, drums and didgeridoos. This is the weekend.

This year I am taking the trail bike I just got with me to be just a little more natural. In years past there were times when I might need something from the little town about a mile and a half to two miles from the fairgrounds. I have always fired up the car and it sort of breaks the mood of the festival. However this year if I need to go to town I plan to ride my bike. With mountain bike gearing I expect that I can manage the two small hills between town and where I will be camping.

Getting back into cycling this year has given me a whole different perspective on what I can do. Who knows? One of these days I might decide to take a bike tour of Yosemite Valley.