User Tag List

My Bikes
    1961 Follis Road Bike, 1992 Specialized Allez, 2008 Specialized Roubix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Friday Afternoon Ride

I have a ride report, with photos, posted on the road bike forum. It's here:

Friday Ride w/ pics: Snuggles, the Hollywood Hills and Big Oil

The ride, much of which I've done for half my life, encompasses some of the Santa Monica Mountains.
    This post is a natural product. Slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

Icyclist, the blog considered too areodite for bikeforums

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fine report and pictures. Sorry you got (unfairly) bashed. We don't do that over here in 50+.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I mean wow.

Great camera work. I like the way the horse is juxtaposed with the city. Striking!

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Slim View Post
    A fine report and pictures. Sorry you got (unfairly) bashed. We don't do that over here in 50+.
    +1.

That's one reason I enjoy this forum so much. Much less contention, much more maturity in understanding someone's perspective and agreeing or disagreeing without drama and b.s.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice ride report. I used to live in LA and rode my bike through all the canyons leading up to Mulholland many times. In fact, I met my LA "ride buddies" up on Mulholland on one of my first rides in LA - two guys that I ended up riding with almost every weekend for two years.

It was always surprising to me that you could park your car down in West Hollywood or Century City and ride through a few neighborhoods then so quickly be up in a semi-rural setting. We also did a lot of riding further out in the Santa Monicas...all the way out to Camarillo.

My Bikes
    1961 Follis Road Bike, 1992 Specialized Allez, 2008 Specialized Roubix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Slim View Post
    I'll try to remember that - my first post here was rather contentious and I've felt badly ever since.

As for someone not appreciating my humor, I didn't mean to joke in a mean-spirited way. I was doing my best to imitate Jay Leno, who generally pokes good-natured fun at his targets. If I come up with another ride report, I'll try to work something in about Obama if I find an image that seems apropos.
    This post is a natural product. Slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

Icyclist, the blog considered too areodite for bikeforums

My Bikes
    2009 Randonee, 2014 Bike Friday NWT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorgeous pics & report. Thanks!
    Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany. Just ordered a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO 105 to replace my "destroyed" CAAD 10 2.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icyclist View Post
    I have a ride report, with photos, posted on the road bike forum.
    Nice report and pics but you gotta quit making the entire post BOLD.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon 105 on order

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz