Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: New Jersey

My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Jersey

Have you seen the Bike Forums jersey over in the group buy thread? Nice looking ------- Lp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinz@50 View Post
    Have you seen the Bike Forums jersey over in the group buy thread? Nice looking ------- Lp

And I thought this would be a thread about the great pedaling available in the Garden State. Sigh. I have a gal who wants me to move there, so I would be interested in knowing more.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Jersey. It makes me want to die.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flyfishing is better in Arkansas. Lp
    Last edited by Spinz; 09-01-08 at 12:38 PM.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the comment that due to a lack of interest, the red jersey was removed from the thread.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which new jersey were you referencing? The Foo jersey? A New Jersey new jersey?

I'm confused.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe he is referring to this one:
    2008 Bike fourms jersey order thread.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I believe he is referring to this one:
    2008 Bike fourms jersey order thread.

Thanks, Tom.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just assumed everyone new where the group buy stuff was located -------- we older folks require those links don't we? Lp

My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are the people who order jerseys (or the companies that make them) going to realize that the current modern cycling jersey has a full-length zipper? I would think they would be essential in popular cycling areas like Southern California. Once you've been able to ride in hot weather with the jersey unzipped, you realize just what an improvement the full zip jersey is over the old-style pullover. As well, you can take off a jersey with full-length zipper without having to remove everything from your back pockets, a definite advantage for guys like me who take full advantage of the back pockets on long rides.

It's kind of like when they switched from jerseys with collars to collarless jerseys, or front pockets to no front pockets, or wool to lycra. (Well, some of you might argue whether these were "impovements." I remember my very first cycling jersey back in 1972 was a collarless blue Sergal wool jersey with two front pockets and "tube knit" (no side seams). I think I took a seam ripper to the front pockets, but I'm thinking they would sure be useful now for small cue sheets or hotel room cards...

L.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started cycling in '68 and I remember those jerseys with front pockets! Mine just collected bugs, but maybe that was because I was in Missouri at the time . . . or not aero enough.

Rick / OCRR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What part of New Jersey?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinz@50 View Post
    The flyfishiing is better in Arkansa. Lp

For sure, especially near Colonia where she lives. No fly fishing there.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhbernhardt View Post
    When are the people who order jerseys (or the companies that make them) going to realize that the current modern cycling jersey has a full-length zipper? I would think they would be essential in popular cycling areas like Southern California. Once you've been able to ride in hot weather with the jersey unzipped, you realize just what an improvement the full zip jersey is over the old-style pullover. As well, you can take off a jersey with full-length zipper without having to remove everything from your back pockets, a definite advantage for guys like me who take full advantage of the back pockets on long rides.

It's kind of like when they switched from jerseys with collars to collarless jerseys, or front pockets to no front pockets, or wool to lycra. (Well, some of you might argue whether these were "impovements." I remember my very first cycling jersey back in 1972 was a collarless blue Sergal wool jersey with two front pockets and "tube knit" (no side seams). I think I took a seam ripper to the front pockets, but I'm thinking they would sure be useful now for small cue sheets or hotel room cards...

L.
    Another good reason for a full-length zipper is the ease of removing it when it is stuck to you after a ride in hot weather, especially if you have bad shoulders.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker