Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: New Jersey

  1. #1
    2011 TCR Advanced SL Spinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ulah Proper N.C.
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Posts
    1,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New Jersey

    Have you seen the Bike Forums jersey over in the group buy thread? Nice looking ------- Lp

  2. #2
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,309
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinz@50 View Post
    Have you seen the Bike Forums jersey over in the group buy thread? Nice looking ------- Lp

    And I thought this would be a thread about the great pedaling available in the Garden State. Sigh. I have a gal who wants me to move there, so I would be interested in knowing more.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  3. #3
    Ride Daddy Ride Jet Travis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Villa Incognito
    My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Jersey. It makes me want to die.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

  4. #4
    2011 TCR Advanced SL Spinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ulah Proper N.C.
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Posts
    1,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flyfishing is better in Arkansas. Lp
    Last edited by Spinz; 09-01-08 at 12:38 PM.

  5. #5
    His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Paoli, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Posts
    9,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the comment that due to a lack of interest, the red jersey was removed from the thread.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

    There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

  6. #6
    Don't mince words Red Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vacaville, CA
    My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    6,886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which new jersey were you referencing? The Foo jersey? A New Jersey new jersey?

    I'm confused.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

    Visit my blog.

  7. #7
    His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Paoli, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Posts
    9,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe he is referring to this one:
    2008 Bike fourms jersey order thread.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

    There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

  8. #8
    Don't mince words Red Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vacaville, CA
    My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    6,886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I believe he is referring to this one:
    2008 Bike fourms jersey order thread.

    Thanks, Tom.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

    Visit my blog.

  9. #9
    2011 TCR Advanced SL Spinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ulah Proper N.C.
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Posts
    1,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just assumed everyone new where the group buy stuff was located -------- we older folks require those links don't we? Lp

  10. #10
    Dharma Dog lhbernhardt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Posts
    2,065
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are the people who order jerseys (or the companies that make them) going to realize that the current modern cycling jersey has a full-length zipper? I would think they would be essential in popular cycling areas like Southern California. Once you've been able to ride in hot weather with the jersey unzipped, you realize just what an improvement the full zip jersey is over the old-style pullover. As well, you can take off a jersey with full-length zipper without having to remove everything from your back pockets, a definite advantage for guys like me who take full advantage of the back pockets on long rides.

    It's kind of like when they switched from jerseys with collars to collarless jerseys, or front pockets to no front pockets, or wool to lycra. (Well, some of you might argue whether these were "impovements." I remember my very first cycling jersey back in 1972 was a collarless blue Sergal wool jersey with two front pockets and "tube knit" (no side seams). I think I took a seam ripper to the front pockets, but I'm thinking they would sure be useful now for small cue sheets or hotel room cards...

    L.

  11. #11
    www.ocrebels.com Rick@OCRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Posts
    5,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started cycling in '68 and I remember those jerseys with front pockets! Mine just collected bugs, but maybe that was because I was in Missouri at the time . . . or not aero enough.

    Rick / OCRR

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What part of New Jersey?

  13. #13
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,309
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinz@50 View Post
    The flyfishiing is better in Arkansa. Lp

    For sure, especially near Colonia where she lives. No fly fishing there.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

  14. #14
    Yen
    Yen is offline
    Surly Girly Yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhbernhardt View Post
    When are the people who order jerseys (or the companies that make them) going to realize that the current modern cycling jersey has a full-length zipper? I would think they would be essential in popular cycling areas like Southern California. Once you've been able to ride in hot weather with the jersey unzipped, you realize just what an improvement the full zip jersey is over the old-style pullover. As well, you can take off a jersey with full-length zipper without having to remove everything from your back pockets, a definite advantage for guys like me who take full advantage of the back pockets on long rides.

    It's kind of like when they switched from jerseys with collars to collarless jerseys, or front pockets to no front pockets, or wool to lycra. (Well, some of you might argue whether these were "impovements." I remember my very first cycling jersey back in 1972 was a collarless blue Sergal wool jersey with two front pockets and "tube knit" (no side seams). I think I took a seam ripper to the front pockets, but I'm thinking they would sure be useful now for small cue sheets or hotel room cards...

    L.
    Another good reason for a full-length zipper is the ease of removing it when it is stuck to you after a ride in hot weather, especially if you have bad shoulders.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •