Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N -1 I miss old blue....

She was a fine steed, a bit small on me but FAST. A young college senior took her away. He got an awesome deal on a nice bike. The big grin on his face as he rode up and down the street was a real treat.

In other news, I've ordered my PL350 Bionx electric kit, high speed version and hope to install it on my cyclocross bike within the next two weeks.
    Last edited by robtown; 08-30-08 at 06:23 PM.
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost sold my "old blue" but then it isn't nearly as fast looking as you Old Blue! Plus, mine is one of my last steel bikes, so I just can't let her go!

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be smiling - nice looking bike.

I really missed my 1800C after I sold it. The new owner brings it to the park riding program so I get to visit it a couple times each month
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had that problem, mainly due to my other problem....I just
    dont sell my bikes. Oh, I've bought and sold many bikes that I purchased
    for the thrill of "wrenching & selling" them. But I've never sold one of
    my bikes, much to my wifes chagrin. Funny thing is that sometime
    during each season I manage to get at least one ride in on each one of
    them.

I don't recommend this though, 'cause as you can imagine we're tripping
    over bikes all the time.

Your "old blue" looks beautiful. That certainly must be one happy kid.

My Bikes
    2014 Pivot Mach 5.7 MTB, 2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold a bike yesterday; it has been replaced by a vintage bike that I built up.

I've sold two bikes in the last year, both in one day using Craigslist on a Seattle. I'm pretty tall, so my bikes are big, and both times I found guys who new exactly what they wanted and bought them immediately. Somehow it feels better selling to an informed buyer than just selling to someone who just picked your bike at random...

I am kind of sad to see it ago but now have a blank spot in my garage for the next project...

My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky old dude View Post
    I've never had that problem, mainly due to my other problem....I just
    dont sell my bikes. Oh, I've bought and sold many bikes that I purchased
    for the thrill of "wrenching & selling" them. But I've never sold one of
    my bikes, much to my wifes chagrin. Funny thing is that sometime
    during each season I manage to get at least one ride in on each one of
    them.

I don't recommend this though, 'cause as you can imagine we're tripping
    over bikes all the time.

Your "old blue" looks beautiful. That certainly must be one happy kid.
    He was indeed happy - grinning ear to ear. His dad was supportive, and went to an ATM for the additional $100 to upgrade to old blue.

She wasn't "my bike" yet but I was getting attached after commuting about 3 times on her. If I didn't have the miyata with full DA in the same configuration it'd have been hard to let her go.
    Quote Originally Posted by BengeBoy View Post
    I sold a bike yesterday; it has been replaced by a vintage bike that I built up.

I've sold two bikes in the last year, both in one day using Craigslist on a Seattle. I'm pretty tall, so my bikes are big, and both times I found guys who new exactly what they wanted and bought them immediately. Somehow it feels better selling to an informed buyer than just selling to someone who just picked your bike at random...

I am kind of sad to see it ago but now have a blank spot in my garage for the next project...
    I have a weird equilibrium of bikes. When I've sold them all and don't have much maintenance work I get the itch and start shopping Ebay, Craiglist etc. When I pile on too many projects I get anxious and my bike fund is drained towards zero. I've flipped many many bikes [my bike of the week 8x10 poster at work is up to #51] and am always pleased to get them good as new and back on the road. For some reason most of them fit me. I've made it a policy to commute with any bike my size - it really shakes out any issues that I need to fix before selling. I sell at market prices that help fund my own bike purchases and upkeep - but take into account that it's a hobby - not an income source.

I acquired old blue half built up with a huge stash of bike parts, wheelsets, tires, etc. I sold the cherry picked parts off to cover the cost. Old blue represents a large part of the profits and a measurable part of the cost of buying the Bionx 350w kit. That kit is my biggest splurge in terms of cash outlay.
    Last edited by robtown; 08-31-08 at 11:07 AM.
    Korval is Ships

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheater.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    cheater.
    Jealous?
    Korval is Ships