Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   It's coming! Arrrrr! (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/463363-its-coming-arrrrr.html)

Digital Gee 09-08-08 07:56 PM

It's coming! Arrrrr!

Talk Like a Pirate Day is coming on September 19th!

Be ready, me maties. :thumb:

luv2cruz 09-08-08 08:22 PM

Avast, me hearties! :D

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

maddmaxx 09-09-08 03:55 AM

You may tell the captain that I am disinclined to acquiesce to his request.

Dellphinus 09-09-08 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by maddmaxx (Post 7430521)

Haul your arse to the focsle for a floggin.

BSLeVan 09-09-08 06:27 AM

Arrr, I be a needin' to find a helmet with three corners, Matey. I be lookin' fer one without the Jack Tar. Ya kan keep the rounded ones of them Drivels******s and Landlubbers.

wobblyoldgeezer 09-09-08 08:13 AM

Already getting me camelback full of larrrrd and rum.

Tom Bombadil 09-09-08 10:30 AM

I'm now more thankful than ever that I will be in Yellowstone Park on that day.

waldowales 09-09-08 11:53 AM

What reason do we have to think pirates speak like that? All of the pirates I know talk like anybody else, and most people never suspect them of using illegal software!

fat biker 09-09-08 12:24 PM

AAARRRRRGGGGhhhh

Terrierman 09-09-08 12:47 PM

I know a pirate joke.

The lookout of the ship yelled down from his crow's nest there was a pirate ship on the horizon and it looked like they were catching up. The captain told the first mate to go below and get his red shirt. The captain wore the red shirt through a horrific battle, but at long last the good side prevailed, with really very few injuries, and the captain was not even scratched. First mate asks captain if that red shirt is for luck. The captain explains no, it was so if I was wounded and bleeding, the men would not see it and lose heart.

Later that week the lookout yells down there is a fleet of pirate ships on the horizon, perhaps as many as twenty and it looks like they will catch us. First mate asks captain if he wants him to go and fetch him his red shirt. Captain replies, no, get my brown pants.

Dellphinus 09-09-08 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Terrierman (Post 7433397)
I know a pirate joke.

The lookout of the ship yelled down from his crow's nest there was a pirate ship on the horizon and it looked like they were catching up. The captain told the first mate to go below and get his red shirt. The captain wore the red shirt through a horrific battle, but at long last the good side prevailed, with really very few injuries, and the captain was not even scratched. First mate asks captain if that red shirt is for luck. The captain explains no, it was so if I was wounded and bleeding, the men would not see it and lose heart.

Later that week the lookout yells down there is a fleet of pirate ships on the horizon, perhaps as many as twenty and it looks like they will catch us. First mate asks captain if he wants him to go and fetch him his red shirt. Captain replies, no, get my brown pants.

Haul your arse to the focsle for a floggin, too.

X-LinkedRider 09-09-08 01:15 PM

I was unaware of the 2 week practice period for this. :)

maddmaxx 09-09-08 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider (Post 7433599)
I was unaware of the 2 week practice period for this. :)

To do something well requires diligence. Talking like a pirate is an artform that does not get its proper level of respect. It requires a great deal of practice and introspection. I think I'll take tomorrow off from work, ride out into the woods and practice. Its the least I can do for the preservation of the arts.

Now, where's that monkey? I want to shoot something.

Rob P. 09-10-08 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by maddmaxx (Post 7430521)

Hear hear!

Tom Bombadil 09-10-08 12:08 AM

Tommy wants a cracker.

WillisB 09-10-08 04:18 AM

Yawn.

oilman_15106 09-10-08 09:55 AM

Will MLB be over by then? The Pittsburgh Pirates hope it will.

Allegheny Jet 09-10-08 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by oilman_15106 (Post 7439256)
Will MLB be over by then? The Pittsburgh Pirates hope it will.

Tis Stiller Season matey, who are these Pittsburgh Pirates that you speaketh of?

spry 09-10-08 03:39 PM

"hoist yer donut holders mates"

Road Fan 09-10-08 08:20 PM

To sea then, me laddies!

roccobike 09-10-08 08:51 PM

The WVU football team learned to speak "East Carolina Pirate" last Saturday. They got their "arses" "flogged" on national TV. For those that did not watch, ECU 24, WVU 3.

CHAS 09-10-08 09:29 PM

Thanks

Thanks for notice of TLAPD. I needed that . Will put the bike away and go sailing that day with ample rations of grog.