User Tag List

My Bikes
    Mecian
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Ride that felt right

The way I felt on my ride last night, plus the thread on favorite decade got me to thinking. Finally, I re-quit smoking ( I had quit for two years and slowly and steadily slipped back) a month ago. I always thought that smoking mostly affected my heart rate and breathing, never knew how much. Finally I had a ride that felt like it did in the 70's when I was a riding fool. My heart, lungs, and muscles all seemed to be in sync, and I felt like I could have ridden forever. Smooth, strong, and comfortable. I have been searching for that feeling on my bike since 1979 or so. Man, Life is good sometimes. Going to go ride 50 today!
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

"Toes"

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!

It's great to slip back in time, isn't it?

Now stay off of those smokes!
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on quitting again! I've felt SO much better on my rides since I quit, so I know how you feel.