Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great iNfo for working on the bike

HI,
    I Stumbled on this over at the MEchanical forums, and felt it was very useful for anyone wanting to work on their bike they even have a tune-up section..http://bicycletutor.com/
    My last service call today was for 46 bucks rear wheel service and cassette. , I did need some bearings though with the packing of the rear hub.
    After I order some additional tools I will be able to clean out my bike bearing and hubs and save alot of that money. I do like fiddling with things. he maybe I can do this oneday after i Retire..
    Doug

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djnzlab1 View Post
    HI,
    I Stumbled on this over at the MEchanical forums, and felt it was very useful for anyone wanting to work on their bike they even have a tune-up section..http://bicycletutor.com/
    My last service call today was for 46 bucks rear wheel service and cassette. , I did need some bearings though with the packing of the rear hub.
    After I order some additional tools I will be able to clean out my bike bearing and hubs and save alot of that money. I do like fiddling with things. he maybe I can do this oneday after i Retire..
    Doug
    The problem with learning how to fix your bike is that now you need to buy tools. After the tools arrive you could be unlucky enough to become good at it. Pretty soon, your going to want to build a bike to "save money". Then your going to discover the wonderful world of buying bike parts. Now you need more tools...................more parts.....................and all this time all you thought about N+1 was another bicycle every now and again.........

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like maddmaxx says, its a skill and a tool and more tools and better tools and a skill or two more and more tools to have some good ones to carry around and that wheel is almost right and where is that machine shop and all of a sudden all friends have bikes and they start buying tools and . . .
    George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.