Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cell Phone charger and holder for bike

HI,
    I am a little goofy for neat gadgets anyone see a decent solar phone charger that could be attached to the bike and hold your cell phone whilst its chargin..
    Doug

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djnzlab1 View Post
    HI,
    I am a little goofy for neat gadgets anyone see a decent solar phone charger that could be attached to the bike and hold your cell phone whilst its chargin..
    Doug
    Don't know about a Solar charger- Over here we are a bit antiquated and just have bigger batteries for our Mobile stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

NeoRetroGrouch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI,
    Doug
    Plug the phone and charger into the wall at home and go for a ride. Great ride and a charged phone when you return!. - TF

My Bikes
    Mecian
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say you cold build one with a generator set, but why?
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

"Toes"

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm not sure there is much demand for such a product. Most cell phones hold their charge for several days, so there is little immediate need for a solar bike-mounted charger. Plus the current would be pretty low from such a device, so it would be a slow trickle charger.

However you could use a device like these iSun & Soldius solar chargers ... which makes some sense for backpackers who will be out for days. And perhaps someone on a bike tour who is camping.

http://windupradio.com/isun.htm
    http://www.earthtechproducts.com/p7.html

Or this Solio charger, which charges its own battery, which you can then use to charge a cell phone.
    https://www.solio.com/charger/explor...-is-solio.html
    http://store.solio.com/s.nl;jsession...b0?it=A&id=383

There are others out there.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charger??? I check the charge on my phone first thing when I get up. If it needs a charge I take care of it then so it's ready when I head out.
    I carry my phone in this. It mounts on the stem so the phone is easy to get to.

My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

My Bikes
    Jamis Satellite; Ellsworth Scant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These may help you
    http://www.hymini.com/html/HYmini.html
    They have Wind and Solar Power and Bicycle mounts
    Jamis Satellite 08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is a gadget thing, and thus not explainable to ordinary people, but...my cell phone stays charged for DAYS I plug it in maybe every third or fourth day, and the battery indicator has never shown it even half discharged. Why do you need to charge it on a (presumably) less-than-a-day bike ride?

dck
    My Bikes
    '62 Peugeot UO8, '63 Schwinn Superior, ;72 Peugeot PX-10, '74 Motobecane LeChampion, '74 Peugeot UO18, '81 Fuji S12-S Mixte
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can do it pretty easy with a dynamo lighting system. The folks in the electronics, lighting and gadgets forum have schematics posted showing how to do it.

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to come up with something so I can post while riding. It still has some bugs to be worked out.

The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

My Bikes
    mid 80s Ross Centaur converted to Alfine 11 09 motobecane imortal force, 83 Ross Paragon,81 Schwinn LeTour Tourist, 91 Paramount, 93 GT converted to city bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charger for cel phone

Dunno about a charger.
    I charge it at home and use a sturdy wider rubber band to attach it to the bar near the stem.
    The band method has held up even over some rough roads.