Thread: cool weather

My Bikes
    lotus classique ,haro mirra pro,gary fisher mtb 1980's, trek T1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool weather

Late getting off work went home cooked supper had it ready to eat when the wife got home at 7:30. (I am not hen pecked I just have hen house ways lol.)The wife then went over to our daughters to plan for the wedding she is getting married on nov 8th.After washing dishes I went for my regular 15 mi night ride it was 63 degrees a little cooler than usual guess fall is on the way I rode a little slower than usual but really enjoyed the cool weather.I did put a sweat shirt on over my jersey us southern boys don't do cold real well.Guess I will have to go and get some cold weather riding gear pretty soon.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool weather is approaching and for some of us- It may get colder. Hate to say it but 63 is warm for us over here right now. That is time to think about changing to taking the Pertex with me on rides- Just to retain some body heat.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO 105
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VROD View Post
    ... guess fall is on the way
    ... us southern boys don't do cold real well.
    How true.
    It was 61 and cloudy yesterday morning and I thought about getting out the arm warmers and base layer shirt.
    Today was a little warmer (66F=19C) when I left home. I was fine with only a s/s jersey but my finger tips were glad when the sun finally got a little higher in the sky.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon 105

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point Ron- I will be changing to the Full Finger gloves shortly and the warm socks. As I got older- it was the extremities that suffered so keep the hands and feet warm and the rest will feel OK.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got a freeze warning for to-night. Still rode in to work in
    my shorts. Feels good to be cool for a change as this Northern
    Boy doesn't handle heat very well.

Older I get, Better I was velonomad's Avatar
    My Bikes
    a bunch of them, most made by me, a couple made by others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky old dude View Post
    We've got a freeze warning for to-night. Still rode in to work in
    my shorts. Feels good to be cool for a change as this Northern
    Boy doesn't handle heat very well.

I don't like heat much myself The last couple of years I have been riding more January than August. I can increase the effort to keep warm, can't work harder to keep cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Texas cool

Just to let you guys know it was 58 this morning when I got up to ride my 5 miles. I rode in just shorts and tee shirt. God it felt so good, better than the 75-80 deg in the morning during the summer. I ride my motorcycle in short sleeves until around the upper 40 deg F.

Pop's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    44 F this morning @ 05:00 am. on the way home. Light weight finger gloves
    for my baby hands and a head band for my tender ears (frostbit them severely
    in my drunken youth), a pair of denim cut-offs, a "T" shirt, steel toe sneakers
    and a fleece sweater....had to unzip the sweater. kept a cool head with the wind passing
    through my helmet. Ahhh, summer's finally behind us.

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wore a base layer with arm warmers today for the first time this year. Kept them on for the entire 50 mile ride (we left at 7:00am). I have a Craft baselayer with a windbreaker front that I find works great under a jersey. In fact, I just wore a sleeveless jersey so I would have pockets.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low 60's predicted for the start of my ride tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to feeling the cooler air. Also looking forward to the low 70's during tonight's HS football game. I hate sweating at a football game.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're back to "in between" weather in Seattle - not cold, not hot.

We have a lot of that -- 50-ish in the morning when I left home for my commute into work, high of 65 headed home.

I typically overdress for rides on days like this - I left home in a long-sleeve thick jersey and tights over bike shorts, and was too hot when I got to work.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BengeBoy View Post
    We're back to "in between" weather in Seattle - not cold, not hot.

We have a lot of that -- 50-ish in the morning when I left home for my commute into work, high of 65 headed home.

I typically overdress for rides on days like this - I left home in a long-sleeve thick jersey and tights over bike shorts, and was too hot when I got to work.
    For times like this- Get a pair of Knickers. Shorts or bibs that cover the knees. Cold knee joints will cause trouble as we get older so keeping them covered helps a lot. And far more convenient than tights.

Spike Milligan