Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speedplay Lite Action vs. X5 + titanium knee joints?

I have used Frogs in the past, and just purchased Speedplay Lite Action Road Pedals at the suggestion of a salesman...am planning to purchase a new road bike. I have OLD knee/tee joints (except for the titanium one).

For those who have used these pedals.......which is best for bum knees? I checked out the Speedplay site and discovered the Lite Action has 15 deg of play.....while the X5 has 20 degrees. Just saw my orthopedist (an elite cyclist) who recommended I continue with pedals with the most play I can find.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two pedals other than degrees? Lite Action is advertised as an entry level road pedal. Does that mean it is easier to engage/disengage? Do you think an additional 5 degrees at that level of play is signficant?
    Many thanks...
    Bob

My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You paid your ortho for the answer to that question; go with the pedal that offers the most float and be kind to your knees. Lp

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redfishpaddler View Post
    I have used Frogs in the past, and just purchased Speedplay Lite Action Road Pedals at the suggestion of a salesman...am planning to purchase a new road bike. I have OLD knee/tee joints (except for the titanium one).

For those who have used these pedals.......which is best for bum knees? I checked out the Speedplay site and discovered the Lite Action has 15 deg of play.....while the X5 has 20 degrees. Just saw my orthopedist (an elite cyclist) who recommended I continue with pedals with the most play I can find.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two pedals other than degrees? Lite Action is advertised as an entry level road pedal. Does that mean it is easier to engage/disengage? Do you think an additional 5 degrees at that level of play is signficant?
    Many thanks...
    Bob
    I would like to know the name address and phone number of your orthopedist if you would care to send a private message. Thank you.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman