User Tag List

My Bikes
    Jamis Satellite; Ellsworth Scant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bianch XL EV2 - How Much ?

I have an opportunity to buy one of these for my son. The bike is the correct size and has been kept in pristine condition. It has been ridden very little for the last couple of years. Before I took it to try out the owner had it adjusted by his LBS.
    I am not sure what year it is , I think it is around 2000.It has the full Campy Chorus grouppo (9 spd) and Mavic Helium wheels.
    I am not sure what is a fair price for this bike. Any help would be appreciated.
    Jamis Satellite 08.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been trying to find some details on the bike but An 8 year old bike- is difficult to find details on. Normally I would say that a 3 year old bike would -if in imaculate condition- be worth half the retail new but I can't find anything on this bike at all. Others may have better luck but Sorry- It is an old bike. Even if it is imaculate- the parts fitted are now old hat. It is worth what you want to pay but think old bike= cheap.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I googled it and found this thread http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/in...p/t-70005.html I found more but this is the only one I copied. Evidently this particular frame had some issues at one time. I copied the name from your title and added an i on the end to make it Bianchi.

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw comments about frame problems at Roadbikereview, as well.

In any case, there's one for sale right now on eBay that has been bid up to $888, with 3 days to go. Suggest you keep an eye on that auction.

I checked for closed/completed auctions on eBay and didn't see any.

You can also google "site:craigslist.org Bianchi xl ev2" and see what folks are asking around the country on their local Craigslists.

My Bikes
    Jamis Satellite; Ellsworth Scant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your time, I also saw those same posts, This one is the model that has the frame problem solved(it has a label that says it has structural foam near the bottom bracket).
    I took it to 2 bike shops today and they both put it at around $1000.
    Problem is my son has already ridden it and loves it.(He's been riding for 2 months and he kicked my butt up hills on it today) Every time I took the lead so he could draft he kept on telling me to go faster.
    Jamis Satellite 08.