As I grow ever-more fond of my vintage Univega touring/commuting bike, I decided it was time to jettison the oh-so-funky oblong Biopace chainrings and do some other maintenance upgrades as well.
I bought a new crankarm puller, and Friday night/Saturday morning I:
- took off the crankarm, installed the 3 new chainrings, re-installed the crank arm
- replaced the chain
- tuned up the derailleurs
- fixed a couple of loose screws on a fender
- checked the tire pressure and aired up the tires.
I then took off for a test ride, only to quickly discover that it didn't feel "quite right."
Once I took a look at the bike, and discovered my bone-headed mistake, I decided to grab a camera to document my achievement: