Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My Bikes
    dawes, schwinn, kona
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Picture test..do not peek!

    So, just testing if I can post pics hosted on the web. Maybe you can see a pic of my Kona, maybe you can't.

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3106/...5e02c4.jpg?v=0


    The John Overstreet connector links the Baltimore/Annapolis Rail Trail with the BWI Trail. This connector is about three quarters of a mile and 3 stoplights from my house. John was a riding buddy back in the early 70's, back in the good old days when I was young and had a brand new Paramount.

    Oh well, if there is no pic here its back to the drawing board.

    Pete

  2. #2
    Senior Member deraltekluge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    My Bikes
    Kona Cinder Cone, Sun EZ-3 AX
    Posts
    1,195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't post it as a link, post it as an image...use the "Insert Image" button in the editor's tool bar.


  3. #3
    rebmeM roineS JanMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Posts
    11,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clicked on the link and up popped a picture of Gov. Palin holding a smoking shotgun with dead wildlife at her feet! Would have preferred to have seen a picture of your blue bike with the connector sign.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My Bikes
    dawes, schwinn, kona
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deraltekluge View Post
    Don't post it as a link, post it as an image...use the "Insert Image" button in the editor's tool bar.

    Thanks...but you peeked!...good thing. I have some more pics I took today and now I can bore everyone to death. Be warned, some old guy kept sneaking a blue bicycle into the frame when I was trying to take pictures.

    Here is the woodsy section of the connector trail.



    In other posts I have mentioned my search for alternate handlebars...here is my current setup using Velo Orange Milan bars. Just enough drop and very comfortable.



    You can see the drop better here:



    The deer made it safely across the road...only because it was early and the commuter trains from D.C. had not started dumping people at the end of the road to get back in their cars and drive home.



    The major hill on this route is the crossing for I-195.



    So, lets see if these work.

    Pete

  5. #5
    rebmeM roineS JanMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Posts
    11,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, those pics work. Good thing for that deer that Gov. Palin is not around, huh?

  6. #6
    Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Antioch, CA (SF Bay Area)
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Posts
    6,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Nope. No bike photo here.
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My Bikes
    dawes, schwinn, kona
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post


    Nope. No bike photo here.
    It must be that new stealth powdercoat I applied!

    Either that or someone stole it.

    pete

  8. #8
    Senior Member BlazingPedals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Middle of da Mitten
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Posts
    7,105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dawes56 View Post
    Thanks...but you peeked!...

    Pete
    No Sh1t! After all, you TOLD us not to peek, what did you think would happen?

  9. #9
    His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Paoli, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Posts
    9,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking bike. I like those clean lines. Pretty color.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

    There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

  10. #10
    His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Paoli, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Posts
    9,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post


    Nope. No bike photo here.
    He must have used a cable lock.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Huh?

    HI,
    ANd how much did you pay for your new bike, was it a steal......
    DOug

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My Bikes
    dawes, schwinn, kona
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djnzlab1 View Post
    HI,
    ANd how much did you pay for your new bike, was it a steal......
    DOug
    Well, as they say, "Steal is real."

    pete

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dawes56 View Post
    So, just testing if I can post pics hosted on the web. Maybe you can see a pic of my Kona, maybe you can't.

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3106/...5e02c4.jpg?v=0


    The John Overstreet connector links the Baltimore/Annapolis Rail Trail with the BWI Trail. This connector is about three quarters of a mile and 3 stoplights from my house. John was a riding buddy back in the early 70's, back in the good old days when I was young and had a brand new Paramount.

    Oh well, if there is no pic here its back to the drawing board.

    Pete
    Nice! What make is that seat bag?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My Bikes
    dawes, schwinn, kona
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Nice! What make is that seat bag?
    It is a Carradice Zipped Roll bag from Wallbike. I was actually trying to get a Barley Bag in that color but could not find one. Actually, this one is just the right size for my tools, spare tube, pump, CO2 inflator, energy bars, wallet, keys, phone, ...and now that it is getting cooler, maybe a windbreaker or something like that. Its only about half full as it is.

    I was in Wallyworld the other day and saw a leather motorcycle fork bag just about this size, selling for $25. It could be easily adapted to a seat bag and is much cheaper that the pricey Carradice stuff. That said, I had a Carradice bag on my Paramount back in the 70s, and wanted to roll back the clock a little!

    Pete

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dawes56 View Post
    It is a Carradice Zipped Roll bag from Wallbike. I was actually trying to get a Barley Bag in that color but could not find one. Actually, this one is just the right size for my tools, spare tube, pump, CO2 inflator, energy bars, wallet, keys, phone, ...and now that it is getting cooler, maybe a windbreaker or something like that. Its only about half full as it is.

    I was in Wallyworld the other day and saw a leather motorcycle fork bag just about this size, selling for $25. It could be easily adapted to a seat bag and is much cheaper that the pricey Carradice stuff. That said, I had a Carradice bag on my Paramount back in the 70s, and wanted to roll back the clock a little!

    Pete
    Ah. I have a black Carradice Junior from Wallbike that I use occasionally. I like the looks of that Zipped Roll bag much better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •