Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 09-28-08, 06:03 PM   #1
howsteepisit

Bikes: Mecian
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Fall Riding

Todays ride was a spectacular ride and why I love fall rides. Did a 30 mile ride, temperature in the 60's, but the lack of direct sun gave the distinct feeling of it being cooler. No wind, dry. Perfect. No effort ride, just smooth and comfortable. It felt almost like I know how to ride a bike. I felt so good that about a mile from the house I stopped at a gas station and got a Hostess fruit Pie and a chocolate mike. Haven't had that combo in years. It was heavenly. Great end to a great ride.
howsteepisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 06:06 PM   #2
cranky old dude

Bikes:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I generally try not to fall when I ride.

Glad you had a great ride.
cranky old dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 06:22 PM   #3
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
I love riding in the fall. It is my favorite time to ride. My only misgiving is seeing the leaves fall and noticing the lower angle of the sun, knowing that it means the wonderful riding days are numbered. So I usually ride more often in the fall, so as to not regret having missed it later.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 06:34 PM   #4
Yen
Surly Girly

Bikes:
It still feels like summer here. I love fall riding and look forward to the cooler mornings and days to ride.
Old 09-28-08, 06:55 PM   #5
cranky old dude

Bikes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yen View Post
It still feels like summer here. I love fall riding and look forward to the cooler mornings and days to ride.
He he, my daughter has relocated to So. Ca., and she thinks it feels like
summer all year out there. I'm starting to wonder if I'ld really miss the
seasonal changes all that much. Hmmm, I wonder if she's got room for
me and the bikes?
cranky old dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 07:19 PM   #6
cyclinfool
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
I like riding in the fall but hate the fact I cannot ride before or after work hours. It rained here today and I also had a class that kept me indoors anyway. I had to drive over to the Berkshires - this is a really pretty time of the year, fresh apples, pumpkins, and the cold mornings. Makes me long for a log cabin and a wood stove - I'll pass on the outdoor privy.
cyclinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 09:57 PM   #7
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
The wife and I and daughter and the daughters boyfriend took a 15 miler this afternoon. We got a late start it was after 4:00 pm so thats all we had time to do but it was really great, not hot and not cold just perfect in fact its supposed to be near 80 tomorrow so since I'm on strike and the wife doesn't start her new job till next week we are going to take a hike tomorrow. Mt Rainier is fabulous this time of year and the bugs are gone in the alpine meadows so its off to Mowich lake and Spray park.