Thread: Fall Riding

My Bikes
    Mecian
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fall Riding

Todays ride was a spectacular ride and why I love fall rides. Did a 30 mile ride, temperature in the 60's, but the lack of direct sun gave the distinct feeling of it being cooler. No wind, dry. Perfect. No effort ride, just smooth and comfortable. It felt almost like I know how to ride a bike. I felt so good that about a mile from the house I stopped at a gas station and got a Hostess fruit Pie and a chocolate mike. Haven't had that combo in years. It was heavenly. Great end to a great ride.
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

"Toes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally try not to fall when I ride.

Glad you had a great ride.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love riding in the fall. It is my favorite time to ride. My only misgiving is seeing the leaves fall and noticing the lower angle of the sun, knowing that it means the wonderful riding days are numbered. So I usually ride more often in the fall, so as to not regret having missed it later.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It still feels like summer here. I love fall riding and look forward to the cooler mornings and days to ride.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yen View Post
    It still feels like summer here. I love fall riding and look forward to the cooler mornings and days to ride.
    He he, my daughter has relocated to So. Ca., and she thinks it feels like
    summer all year out there. I'm starting to wonder if I'ld really miss the
    seasonal changes all that much. Hmmm, I wonder if she's got room for
    me and the bikes?

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like riding in the fall but hate the fact I cannot ride before or after work hours. It rained here today and I also had a class that kept me indoors anyway. I had to drive over to the Berkshires - this is a really pretty time of the year, fresh apples, pumpkins, and the cold mornings. Makes me long for a log cabin and a wood stove - I'll pass on the outdoor privy.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I and daughter and the daughters boyfriend took a 15 miler this afternoon. We got a late start it was after 4:00 pm so thats all we had time to do but it was really great, not hot and not cold just perfect in fact its supposed to be near 80 tomorrow so since I'm on strike and the wife doesn't start her new job till next week we are going to take a hike tomorrow. Mt Rainier is fabulous this time of year and the bugs are gone in the alpine meadows so its off to Mowich lake and Spray park.
    (Life is too short to play crappy guitars) 2006 Raleigh Cadent 3.0, 1977 Schwinn Volare, 2010 Windsor tourist. ( I didn't fall , I attacked the floor)