User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more contenders?

Maybe it's because I included it in an existing thread here.

We are having a contest and I want some of you to enter, okay? I'd like to see a winner from here.
    Only a couple of more days left so hurry!!

Photo Contest with Prizes: "How Fred can ya Get?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by BSLeVan; 10-16-08 at 04:43 PM.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not really a "Fred" award, it's just the theme of the contest. There are 10 prizes.

This contest open to everyone. I just want someone from here to win something is all. I like the people here. Gee whiz. Hmmph!
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by BSLeVan; 10-16-08 at 04:42 PM.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beware mods bearing gifts.

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This ain't America's funniest home videos, you know.

But I bet if I sent in a picture of being hit in the crotch while biking, you'd use it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLeVan View Post
    I know. Your reply beat me attempt to go back and edit my original post. Was going to put one of these at the end. I guess my sense of humor got lost in my 30s.... along with lots of other things since then. BTW, did you enter your Fred photo? I don't remember seeing it as I cruised the thread.
    I CAN'T enter it. I'm a judge.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link View Post
    This ain't America's funniest home videos, you know.

But I bet if I sent in a picture of being hit in the crotch while biking, you'd use it.
    Go for it! You should see some of the pics in there!! They are great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My question is, why do moderators feel the need to shill for this Titanium club? Do you get a financial kickback for each new member? What's in it for you? I'm serious in asking this because I see no advantage to the membership in this and actually the negative possibility of creating a a separate class of elite member that feels better than the masses. Why feel the need to work for IB anyway? Are you paid to do so?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BikeWNC,

I am a volunteer here and do not get paid in any way whatsover. There is no commission, no bonus points or any other advantages. Tom decided to give away 10 free memberships because he is nice.

East Hill did the same thing and gave out stars for a photo contest and the theme was plant life. She paid for each and every one out of her own pocket.

A couple of years ago, another member did the same. But it was an essay contest on what cycling means to you.

During the holidays people were gifting stars to those they felt cannot afford it.

I myself gifted a star recently to someone I thought was very helpful to others.

There is no ulterior motive here.

Just trying to be nice. It's a gift.

If people don't want to participate, that is up to them. I just didn't want the 50+ers to be left out is all.

As for why I'm helping out here, It's because when I first joined, I was a new rider. I've grown and learned so much that not only am I able to ride a road bike now with my bad back but I've finally been able to build a bike from the frame up. I learned all of this from the people here and want to contribute back. I've also made a lot of friends who I have met in person and also continue friendships beyond the keyboard. There is never a price for knowledge and friendships.

I apologize if I am giving out any kind of false ideas or bad vibes here.
    Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 09-29-08 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    BikeWNC,

I am a volunteer here and do not get paid in any way whatsover. There is no commission, no bonus points or any other advantages. Tom decided to give away 10 free memberships because he is nice.
    Ditto to what Siu said. If your not interested Bikewnc then don't join. There is no reason to slam people who volunteer there time in order to try and make this a better place for you.

My Bikes
    Terraferma 650b, Mondonico SL and ELOS, Masi Gran Criterium, Trek 610, Breezer Liberty, Georgena Terry Classic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siu, thanks a big bunch for trying to include us, but Tom S posted it as a sticky in here.

Road "Contest? what Contest?" Fan

now where's that stick I use to keep kids off my lawn ..... hrrrrrmph got no time fer contests ... kids on the lawn agin!
    Last edited by Road Fan; 09-29-08 at 04:31 PM.

My Bikes
    Terraferma 650b, Mondonico SL and ELOS, Masi Gran Criterium, Trek 610, Breezer Liberty, Georgena Terry Classic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I CAN'T enter it. I'm a judge.....

Besides, in that blue jersey Siu doesn't look Freddettish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Fan View Post
    Siu, thanks a big bunch for trying to include us, but Tom S posted it as a sticky in here.

Road "Contest? what Contest?" Fan

now where's that stick I use to keep kids off my lawn ..... hrrrrrmph got no time fer contests ... kids on the lawn agin!
    Oh man. I didn't see the sticky. Proof that the stickies aren't being read!!

Thanks Road Fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garysol1 View Post
    Ditto to what Siu said. If your not interested Bikewnc then don't join. There is no reason to slam people who volunteer there time in order to try and make this a better place for you.
    It wasn't a slam. It was a serious question, and one I'm sure others have thought of too. The question was answered by the person addressed. There was no need for you to chime in with a snippy remark.

My Bikes
    Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be nice boys or we'll send you over to the road forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeWNC View Post
    It wasn't a slam. It was a serious question, and one I'm sure others have thought of too. The question was answered by the person addressed. There was no need for you to chime in with a snippy remark.
    Let me reread your post WNC. I do not want to jump to conclusions...

My question is, why do moderators feel the need to shill for this Titanium club? Do you get a financial kickback for each new member? What's in it for you? I'm serious in asking this because I see no advantage to the membership in this and actually the negative possibility of creating a a separate class of elite member that feels better than the masses. Why feel the need to work for IB anyway? Are you paid to do so?

Lets see. You call me a Shill, You ask if I am getting a kickback.....basically saying that I am in this for the money. It's a real slap in the face.....at least that is how I take it WNC.

Edit.....not a biggie WNC. I am just a bit edgy today.......
    Last edited by garysol1; 09-29-08 at 06:43 PM.

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siu,

Thanks for thinking of us here. Personally I looked at the list of perks and found nothing that I needed so I think I'll pass even though I am probably the poster child for being Fred...
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoMad View Post
    Be nice boys or we'll send you over to the road forum
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

tsl
    My Bikes
    1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beware mods bearing gifts.
    Exactly.

I'm to risk my lifetime-paid red star for a Ti-level one-year membership?

I'm getting old, but I'm not senile yet.
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure I'd be a contender if I entered. I'm a pretty good Fred.

As the prize is membership in an elitist group, that isn't much enticement for a cranky, non-conformist 50+'er.

However it would be tempting to try to win & then not accept the prize.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tsl View Post
    Exactly.

I'm to risk my lifetime-paid red star for a Ti-level one-year membership?

I'm getting old, but I'm not senile yet.
    I think we verified that was NOT going to happen. Ill go double check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BikeWNC,

East Hill did the same thing and gave out stars for a photo contest and the theme was plant life. She paid for each and every one out of her own pocket.

A couple of years ago, another member did the same. But it was an essay contest on what cycling means to you.

During the holidays people were gifting stars to those they felt cannot afford it.

I myself gifted a star recently to someone I thought was very helpful to others.

There is no ulterior motive here.

Just trying to be nice. It's a gift.

If people don't want to participate, that is up to them. I just didn't want the 50+ers to be left out is all.

As for why I'm helping out here, It's because when I first joined, I was a new rider. I've grown and learned so much that not only am I able to ride a road bike now with my bad back but I've finally been able to build a bike from the frame up. I learned all of this from the people here and want to contribute back. I've also made a lot of friends who I have met in person and also continue friendships beyond the keyboard. There is never a price for knowledge and friendships.

I apologize if I am giving out any kind of false ideas or bad vibes here.
    East Hill paid for those red stars???!!!??? Oh no, now I feel bad for entering But also amazed at her generosity

TJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garysol1 View Post
    I think we verified that was NOT going to happen. Ill go double check.
    If you have an existing red star, get a Ti membership then choose not to renew it, you will still enjoy the benefits of the existing red star for the remainder of the 30 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Jack View Post
    East Hill paid for those red stars???!!!??? Oh no, now I feel bad for entering But also amazed at her generosity

TJ
    She did indeed. Don't feel bad. You earned it. She was happy to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast