Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Bad Saturday that turned good

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-08, 04:18 PM

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Crosstrail Elite, 2008 Cannondale Six13 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Went today for an organized ride that the local YMCA was having, I guess the bad started because this ride was rained out last saturday. The hospital that we both work for was sponsering a Family Fun day at the Y. They had numerous activities for the kids, Things like a petting zoo, karate demonstrations and dance lessons. They also had numerous booths with sponser activities and we even had a Doctor dressed up as a Teddy Bear examining the children, all for free. The cost to enter was a non perishable food item for the food bank. To get back to the other there was supposed to be a 20 mile ride leaving from the parking lot for all the kids to look at the bikes. Well this ride was sponsered by 3 of the LBS's. My wife and I showed up at about 10:30 and watched some of the events and visited the botth while waiting for the other riders to arrive. at 11:45 we went to the parking lot and took our bikes from the truck and walked them to the starting point of the ride. The ride was supposed to start at 12:00. When we arrived at the starting point we were met by one other member of our hospitals cycling team and we waited. At 12:00 we went to the Y organizers and asked if they had canceled the ride. They stated no. But no one else was there not even the representatives of any of the LBS's that were to lead the ride. 3 people were all that showed up. The ones that I was disapointed for were the Y and the kids. My wife and I loaded our bike and drove to the MUP in Winston Salem and did a 20 mile ride there with the other member of our team that showed up. So I was upset that the Y was let down but we did get a decent ride in anyway.