Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

** Todays soaking.

I did get a roide in this morning but die to the weather it was going to be a short one. Temp in the mid 50's- Bit of rain that did turn into very heavy showers- but a Wind of around 40mph. Hard going out but not much effort required on the way home.

But the reason for posting- just to let you know that we have a bit of a storm on at present. They say the wind strength is around 50 mph- but that is not taking in the gusts that are occuring. That strong wind from this morning has been building up all day long and Just been out to tie down the garden. Lots af damage going to be done by tomorrrow morning so might be late into work. (Just in case my boss ever reads this)

And thanks DnvrFox- I can now rate this as of some possible interest to some readers.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Banned.
    My Bikes
    Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    I did get a roide in this morning but die to the weather it was going to be a short one. Temp in the mid 50's- Bit of rain that did turn into very heavy showers- but a Wind of around 40mph. Hard going out but not much effort required on the way home.

But the reason for posting- just to let you know that we have a bit of a storm on at present. They say the wind strength is around 50 mph- but that is not taking in the gusts that are occuring. That strong wind from this morning has been building up all day long and Just been out to tie down the garden. Lots af damage going to be done by tomorrrow morning so might be late into work. (Just in case my boss ever reads this)

And thanks DnvrFox- I can now rate this as of some possible interest to some readers.
    During the summer when we get the occasional brief downpour I am not too bothered by rain. Even if it gets rather windy I know it will not last so I ride on. But once the temperature drops it only takes a few drops to keep me inside. It simply doesn’t rain that much here for me to not have developed that, I can always ride tomorrow attitude.

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate wind.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this rates a

Gone - email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for new group of old 50+ folks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, I well know the winds that you describe. Does not make for easy riding. Good for you that you have the stuff to give it a go. Enjoy.

My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got worse today. Floods all over the countryside- rivers at their limits- traffic at a snails pace- and I think Brighton has sunk. I know the rest of Sussex has.

Attachment of the South East of the UK for 6pm tonight and tomorrow should be better. At least no rain but the wind will still be there.

So I've got the MTB ready for an outing- lights are charged up and the wet weather gear is all ready..............OR I could just stay at home tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Got worse today. Floods all over the countryside- rivers at their limits- traffic at a snails pace- and I think Brighton has sunk. I know the rest of Sussex has.

Attachment of the South East of the UK for 6pm tonight and tomorrow should be better. At least no rain but the wind will still be there.

So I've got the MTB ready for an outing- lights are charged up and the wet weather gear is all ready..............OR I could just stay at home tonight.
    rated: ****

the suspence is gripping

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet View Post
    rated: ****

the suspence is gripping
    With the weather we have right now- It has a "X" Rating.

Just secured the garden and I ain't going anywhere.

Update- 10 pm and my garden is a lake. Although it slopes away to the bottom- it has several Level layers to it. Each level part is under an inch of water. Thank goodness it will drain away- Eventually. And Flood warnings on the news tonight. Too late- the Local stream is now 100ft wide and the road is under 2ft of moisture.
    Last edited by stapfam; 11-10-08 at 03:31 PM.

Spike Milligan