Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parted ways with some cycling friends today!

There was a Bike Swap Meet today in Charlotte and I took the opportunity to clean out my stuff. I took over a couple boxes of equipment and accessories and most of it found a good home. Included in the stash were a Garmin GPS, 2 sets of cranks, numerous saddles, saddle bags, carbon bottle cages, bar tape, cyclometers, a pair of carbon soles Sidi shoes and on and on. My buddies gave me a really hard time about the quantity of "unused stuff" I had but there was always a good story and reason behind each piece.......gifts, door prizes, etc.

Some of the used stuff had lots of stories to tell. I finally parted with my old reliable Ultegra triple crank.......it was on my first road bike and we learned to climb lots of hills together. I just wonder how long it's going to be before I'll need it back.........

And yeah, the money didn't hang around too long.......there were these carbon wheels on sale, bike shorts, Continental 4000 tires.........

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great idea! Our "parts bin" is growing and I wonder if we'll ever need to recycle any of the items on any of our bikes, present or future.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Joe,

I might have gone for those shoes, but I had already spent my allotment. It was great seeing you and the swap meet was excellent. My biggest score was a pair of CF bottle cages for $15 for the pair. Mia (the granddaughter in my Avatar) was thrilled with the medal you gave here.....she is still wearing it.

The Grampster
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gives a new meaning to recycle...glad you could score on both sides, allowing someone to get some good stuff and you in turn getting what you thought it was worth ...so you could get some good stuff.

My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a good way to spend time and cash! Is the swap meet an annual event? Lp

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinz@50 View Post
    Sounds like a good way to spend time and cash! Is the swap meet an annual event? Lp
    It has been-usually one of the first weekends in November-at the Speedway. I was surprised the activity was as brisk as it was this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have scarfed up that crankset.

I wish there were some Bike Swap Meets in this area.