Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XXX: Titanium Beauty

Ok, too much bike flipping money & a promising candidate for my stable makes for a spur of the moment purchase. To make my stable each candidate has to be fundamentally different from a current member. This would be the only Titanium frame. Bike reviews gives it 5.0/5.0 with 26 reviews. Most of the riders are big heavy guys like me. She even comes with a compact crank. Forgive the pic - it's hoisted from the ebay auction I just won.

Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah ----- that is just sinful. How bout some specs? Lp

My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinz@50 View Post
    Woah ----- that is just sinful. How bout some specs? Lp
    All I have so far is copied from another review. I understand it's a bit heavier but bomb proof. It rides like a racer if needed but is as smooth as a tourer on a double century.

Colnago Oval-master, 6/4 Ti, RABOBANK colors, 61cm

"frame is made of a super-tough 6/4 aerospace titanium alloy and crafted with the legendary colnago workmanship. frame is designed to handle the roughest punishment you can dish out in the spring classics, with a super-beefy "mega" down-tube and the star-profiled "master" top-tube. features the distinctive orange/blue/white colors of the Rabobank euro-pro team. frame size is a colnago 61cm - in these large sizes it has what is called the "freuler" top-tube. the important geometry specs for fit are as follows: top-tube length = 58.2cm, seat-angle = 73.0&deg"

http://www.atabike.com/colnagotable.html
    Last edited by robtown; 11-10-08 at 05:02 PM.
    Korval is Ships

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, my!

That frame is hawt!
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robtown View Post
    All I have so far is copied from another review. I understand it's a bit heavier but bomb proof. It rides like a racer if needed but is as smooth as a tourer on a double century.

Colnago Oval-master, 6/4 Ti, RABOBANK colors, 61cm

"frame is made of a super-tough 6/4 aerospace titanium alloy and crafted with the legendary colnago workmanship. frame is designed to handle the roughest punishment you can dish out in the spring classics, with a super-beefy "mega" down-tube and the star-profiled "master" top-tube. features the distinctive orange/blue/white colors of the Rabobank euro-pro team. frame size is a colnago 61cm - in these large sizes it has what is called the "freuler" top-tube. the important geometry specs for fit are as follows: top-tube length = 58.2cm, seat-angle = 73.0&deg"
    If you hate it, please send it to me. Thanks.

My Bikes
    2010 Cannodale Hi Mod Synaspe, 2010 Sram Force, Mavic Kysirum SL Premium, Brooks Swallow 2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL Black Mavic SL Premiums, Full Sram Force, Fizik Aliante Carbon 15.33 lbs of pure adrenalin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd do back flips blindfolded for a Colnago Master X Light ----- my dream cycle. Lp
    Last edited by Spinz; 11-10-08 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice couch. Was that included?

My Bikes
    Giant OCR T, Trek SC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice, good for you!!! Let's see it when it's dressed out.
    Hi 'o Silver away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But for the Rabobank colors, it's just about perfect.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HiYoSilver View Post
    very nice, good for you!!! Let's see it when it's dressed out.
    I bought with the hope she'll fit. I'll initially build her with good enough quality to see how she rides/fits. I'll probably share the Nimble Spider wheels with my Miyata TT. If she's good I'll probably migrate to carbon seat post, DA derailleurs, and maybe STI. I may go with carbons bars or a TT setup - reusing the DA shifters. She'll be the most expensive build yet, but now I'll see if titanium is up to it's reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerlenbach View Post
    But for the Rabobank colors, it's just about perfect.
    I guess they're not as nice as many of the Colnago schemes but she appealed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by oilman_15106 View Post
    Nice couch. Was that included?
    I caught grief from a number of people at work for that. A rather pleasant woman at work complimented it but my marital status precludes exploring any further.
    Last edited by robtown; 11-10-08 at 07:54 PM.
    Korval is Ships

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice frame. Next time you lock it up, lock the other parts too, they'll be harder to steal
    Silver Eagle Pilot

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchiefransom View Post
    Nice frame. Next time you lock it up, lock the other parts too, they'll be harder to steal
    Yeh, they left me that nice large seat but it doesn't fit right.
    Korval is Ships

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it's my size, you can ship it to me for evaluation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to hear how it rides and your impression of fit compared to your other bikes. I've read that a Colnago is designed to have a long stem with your weight hanging over the front wheel which places the two wheels more directly under you. It is reported that this makes for a very nimble yet stable ride. So, don't forget to fill us in on it's actual ride qualities when you can.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88 View Post
    Can't wait to hear how it rides and your impression of fit compared to your other bikes. I've read that a Colnago is designed to have a long stem with your weight hanging over the front wheel which places the two wheels more directly under you. It is reported that this makes for a very nimble yet stable ride. So, don't forget to fill us in on it's actual ride qualities when you can.

I've read that you're supposed to have the saddle set back also. I just hope it fits.

I picked her up today. She does show wear and tear on her paint but overall she'll add a bit of color to my stable. The seller also had an almost new Ultegra 9 speed STI set - that he sold me for $20! I also picked up some new 105 dual pivot brakes and a carbon seatpost today. TBP - a DA 9/10 rear derailleur from Ebay, braze on 9 speed front derailleur and chain from Nashbar.

For my Alan Shorter frame I picked up everything else in a $300 bundle. It's essentially a Campy Chorus 8 speed group with 8 speed Record Ergo shifters. The wheels have new rims and double butted spokes (32 count). I'm going to use the 44 Scott drop bar for the Colnago.
    Korval is Ships