Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (drop bar touring bike), 1990 Norco Bushpilot shopping bike, 1988 Fiori Italia, 1971 Claud Butler Tipo Strada (under resto)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love my new bar ends.....

I just got a new set of bar ends for my Sirrus. I intended to put some on from the beginning but spent some time looking for just the right ones. I had originally decided that I like the look of the Cane Creek Ergo ones even though they were quite expensive. I had seen the Trans X ones on Ebay but at their low price had decided that they couldn't be as good as the Cane Creek ones. Then I read one of the threads on here about bar and bar end options and I think it was Tom Bombadil who recommended the Trans X ones. I decided to give them a shot and ordered a pair.
    They came from Taiwan in just over a week and cost me half as much as the Cane Creek Ergos.

They're great - my numb hands love them!

Thanks Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have fancy ones- Just "X-Lite" Stubbies but they add a new dimension to Mountain biking.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have them on my bike and like them a lot. Glad to hear that you do to.

And I've seen them in bike shops lately, under a different brand name. One of those standard brands used for lots of generic type parts. Usually selling for around $25-$30.

Schwinn is now putting them on several of their hybrids as standard equipment, along with ergo grips.

They are lightweight too, as they are synthetic rubber over carbon fiber. Surprising that they sell for as cheap as they do.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post