Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have converted to a 4 wheeler!!

When not riding a bike I usually enjoy getting out to play a little golf.

Yesterday I had the privilege of playing one of the top golf courses on the PGA Tour. It is located in Charlotte, NC and we had a really nice fall day. I thought you might enjoy a few photos of the colors....the lake was very, very still.

By the way, I was able to make a 2 (birdie) on one of the hardest holes on the course. a rather lengthy par 3 over water. My shot landed near the hole and I was able to sink the 4 foot putt.

The tee shot:

A view of the hole from the tee:

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That final shot over the water to the tee- looks very much like the water shot at the East Sussex National. I used to organise the company's Golf days (Non playing golfer here) and the East Sussex is only 10 miles up the road.

But we used to play at Easter each year and the last time the Water had waves on it.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking you got one of these.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.bikeforums.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=57360&dateline=1197386754[/SIGPIC]
    It's easier to pick a Yankee tourist than a bail of cotton.

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts too...i am not a golfer so I prefer the yelllow one. Not to knock the green one, that scenery is magnanamousifant...

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful scenery! And what beautiful silver hair you have!!!

I bet people see you out there and think it's golfing that keeps you so slim.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yen View Post
    And what beautiful silver hair you have!!!

Well thank you! It's actually much more white than silver but my kids like it because I'm always pretty easy to find in a crowd......

Glad some of you enjoyed the scenery-the colors were very nice and I was having so much fun playing I forgot to pull out my camera until near the end when the sun was going down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life sure can be grand. A couple of friends/family, a shared activity, reasonable health .....

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we lived in LA, my wife and I belonged to Mountaingate Country Club. We had 27 holes and the course was located in the Santa Monica Mountains north of the Getty Center.

We walked and carried our clubs (not pull carts). In fact, the club did not allow pull carts and the idea was to force members to rent electric carts. They could not ban walking and figured that few would carry their clubs up and down the hills.

JPPE, electric carts are a little wussy for a stud cyclist like you. I understand that many courses do not allow pull carts but most allow you to carry. I prefer to walk. I like to stay focused on my game and driving around in a cart seems to cause me to lose concentration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    JPPE, electric carts are a little wussy for a stud cyclist like you.
    from Wikipedia:
    Hermes (Greek, Ἑρμῆς, IPA: /ˈhɝmiːz/) is the messenger of the gods in Greek mythology. An Olympian god, he is also the patron of boundaries and of the travelers who cross them, of orators and wit, of literature and poets, of athletics, of general commerce, and of the cunning of thieves and liars.[1] His symbols include the tortoise.....

JPPE - be careful you have had advice from a god.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good walk, ruined.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTEJPPE - be careful you have had advice from a god.[/QUOTE]

Point taken!! Plus he and VeloD ride like a god and goddess!!

I also enjoy walking and in fact, the other 3 times I've played this course we walked.......and had caddies! Riding on Tuesday was a requirement of the member we played with as were were chasing daylight and the other fellows would have had a difficult time completing the round. Sometimes you just have to go along with the group!!

Hopefully I can make it up by putting in some additional miles this weekend.

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with quads, even the golf quad, is that they're heavy. This one is 58 pounds, but at least it's fully-suspended.

Neil_B
    Considering this is 50+, I thought the four wheeler might have been this:

Neil_B

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingPedals View Post
    The problem with quads, even the golf quad, is that they're heavy. This one is 58 pounds, but at least it's fully-suspended.

Out of production until further notice.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.bikeforums.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=57360&dateline=1197386754[/SIGPIC]
    It's easier to pick a Yankee tourist than a bail of cotton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What course is that? The water hole looks like one at the Providence CC out near Matthews.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeWNC View Post
    What course is that? The water hole looks like one at the Providence CC out near Matthews.
    Quail Hollow-I was standing beside the cart in the 15th fairway (par 5 with the tee box at the top of the hill) looking up towards the green about 120 yds away. The green in the background across the lake is #14 and the tee box where I'm getting ready to hit is on the infamous #17 a par 3. Made a 2 on that one...

I must admit it wasn't quite the same without the 40,000 people, grandstands, etc. That was a real trip the couple times I've played in the Pro Am.