Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    Senior Member howsteepisit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    My Bikes
    Mecian
    Posts
    2,988
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am all set except for tires. I just looked at some studded tires at the local shop, cheapest ones were 75 a pop. Wow! But I still will get a bit on my frigid ridged. IT a TREK 970. Last summer I put some BMX platforms on it, I really like them for causal riding, think they may be really good with my Sorels too.
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

    "Toes"

  2. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howsteepisit View Post
    I am all set except for tires. I just looked at some studded tires at the local shop, cheapest ones were 75 a pop. Wow! But I still will get a bit on my frigid ridged. IT a TREK 970. Last summer I put some BMX platforms on it, I really like them for causal riding, think they may be really good with my Sorels too.
    Check here http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/studdedtires.asp
    I'm runnig Schwalb Marathon Winter tires purchased last year from here and I like
    them a lot. Not any price savings but at least there's a good variety.

  3. #28
    Squirrel solveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Posts
    4,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by knzn View Post
    Summer shot, but will take some winter shots later. Hasn't been too bad here yet.

    You're right where I am right now! I'm down in Conway Springs for a few more days before heading back to Minnesota. I'm comfortable riding in the winter in MN, but I'd be scared to in KS! You guys get ice down there with tons of wind. How do you handle that? You'd think you'd be like an iceboat, just sailing across the winter wheat!

  4. #29
    Senior Member knzn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wichita Kansas
    My Bikes
    1 comfort bike, a 1988-ish Rockhopper Comp that I like a lot, and 1 1973 sears 10 speed that needs restored or a new home.And now a Trek 1000.
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg View Post
    You're right where I am right now! I'm down in Conway Springs for a few more days before heading back to Minnesota. I'm comfortable riding in the winter in MN, but I'd be scared to in KS! You guys get ice down there with tons of wind. How do you handle that? You'd think you'd be like an iceboat, just sailing across the winter wheat!
    Yes, lots of wind, but I would say mild compared to Minnesota! You better stay in Conway Springs! My riding it total recreation/fitness so when it is totally terrible, I can just stay inside, as much as I hate too. I would love to commute, but my job will not allow it.

    FYI I am quite familiar with Conway Springs.

    By the way, I love your squirrel!
    Last edited by knzn; 11-19-08 at 03:08 PM. Reason: turibl speln

  5. #30
    Squirrel solveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Posts
    4,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by knzn View Post
    Yes, lots of wind, but I would say mild compared to Minnesota! You better stay in Conway Springs! My riding it total recreation/fitness so when it is totally terrible, I can just stay inside, as much as I hate too. I would love to commute, but my job will not allow it.

    FYI I am quite familiar with Conway Springs.

    By the way, I love your squirrel!
    That's unexpected! It's got about 300 people in it.

    I'll be glad to get home for the winter. It's getting to be barren down here. If I can't have greenery, give me snow. You should read the Pardeeville thread. It's filled with me being amazed at Kansas. Conway Springs has a combination Paint Store/Mortuary.

  6. #31
    Senior Member BengeBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    My Bikes
    2014 Pivot Mach 5.7 MTB, 2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Posts
    6,935
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solveg, my "old rigid MTB" that I bought a couple of months ago is almost finished. Fenders and racks go on in a couple of days. I will try to get photos up this weekend...it has been a fun project.

    bb

  7. #32
    Senior Member knzn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wichita Kansas
    My Bikes
    1 comfort bike, a 1988-ish Rockhopper Comp that I like a lot, and 1 1973 sears 10 speed that needs restored or a new home.And now a Trek 1000.
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg View Post
    You should read the Pardeeville thread. It's filled with me being amazed at Kansas. Conway Springs has a combination Paint Store/Mortuary.
    I got the first 10 pages read before work of your pardeeville thread. Very entertaining! I guess I should have been looking out for tornados all these years!

  8. #33
    Squirrel solveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Posts
    4,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BengeBoy View Post
    Solveg, my "old rigid MTB" that I bought a couple of months ago is almost finished. Fenders and racks go on in a couple of days. I will try to get photos up this weekend...it has been a fun project.

    bb
    I'm excited to see it! I can't wait to get home and be able to wrench. I can really only do it in the winter, and I have my wheelset to finish!

  9. #34
    Life is good RonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Posts
    13,903
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the "new" cross bike out on it's maiden (off road) voyage today. My first time riding off road. What a workout.

    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

    I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four days in a row on Ice and Snow. It's almost starting to feel normal again.
    Keeping the speed below 12 mph makes the Self Generated Wind Chill (SGWC)
    somewhat bearable. All mileage has been strictly commuting so far though I should
    get some recreational riding in the near future and I'm hoping for a day without
    our typical grey skies and some photo ops.

    Happy Trails

  11. #36
    Oldtimer borgagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Foothills of the Catskills in New York
    My Bikes
    1972 Raleigh LTD, 1985 Cannondale SR300 (2), 1986 ROSS Eurotour, 1991 Giant Sedona MTB, 1992 Trek Antelope MTB
    Posts
    221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my new-to-me Giant Sedona in Winter dress. More pictures and the story of its tune up are on this page:

    http://backroom.hardsdisk.net/giantsedona.html

    Resistance is futile. Mechanical enhancement is inevitable. You will be assimilated into your bicycle.
    My Bikes

  12. #37
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,333
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've been riding a knobby tired MTB on snowy winter roads for years. But be SAFE out there boys.


  13. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This old thread has me wondering...where has solveg been hiding lately?

  14. #39
    His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Paoli, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Posts
    9,980
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    This old thread has me wondering...where has solveg been hiding lately?
    looks like she has only posted to BF twice since Dec 1st, both on 1/9 in the P&R forum.

    Perhaps she's been sucked into some kind of Kansas twilight zone. Riding her bike around in some endless circle, not even sensing the passage of time.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

    There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

  15. #40
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg View Post
    We just have to work on getting him to inflate his tires....

    Do you think that Bush left any jerseys with the Presidential seal behind? I suppose that now the Secret Service will need to get road bikes. At least they are in shape.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •