Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attn: 50+ Gearheads! This is really cool

I was searching around for "bottom bracket drop handling" and founs all kinds of interesting links.
    I am beginning to relate what I'm reading to the differences that I'm feeling between my Giant and my LeMond.

But I ran across THIS

There's stuff here I understand, there's stuff here I don't. But even just with what I know, this is really cool
    Give it a try. Warning: it's a Java applet if you're at all squeamish about these things.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

My Bikes
    Terraferma 650b, Mondonico SL and ELOS, Masi Gran Criterium, Trek 610, Breezer Liberty, Georgena Terry Classic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai View Post
    I was searching around for "bottom bracket drop handling" and founs all kinds of interesting links.
    I am beginning to relate what I'm reading to the differences that I'm feeling between my Giant and my LeMond.

But I ran across THIS

There's stuff here I understand, there's stuff here I don't. But even just with what I know, this is really cool
    Give it a try. Warning: it's a Java applet if you're at all squeamish about these things.
    Sai, do you have any math or physics background? There are a lot of good technical papers and scientific studies about what really happens in bike frames and why steering works the way it does. I can give you some links if you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took physics in HS... come to think of it, that's the last math I had, too.
    My physics is very rudimentary and I enjoy it strictly from a lay point of view.
    And that's Quantum Physics so probably not much bearing there.

Too bad because I'll bet those links of yours are really, really interesting.
    What the heck, shoot 'em my way. I can always cherry pick them
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Cool
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.