Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First cyclocross bike

My winterfixie got headset issues beyond repair so when I saw this used Focus Mares Cross for sale I talked myself into needing it so badly I bought it (still have not told the wife). First ride with Nokian 106 today and I am really pleased with the way it handles most types terrain. Did a little singletrack, some tarmac and some frozen fireroads. Quite a stiff frame but did not beat me up on the singletrack. Nice to ride it like a roadbike on the way home.

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Good looking bike. I know just how you feel.
    I did my first off-road ride on my Jamis Nova cross bike earlier this week. Didn't run into any ice or snow. The temperature was in the mid-50s F (13C). What a hoot.

My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking cross bike. Next cycle cross races?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think CX-racing is for me. Too much redzone action and I am not a good enough cyclist to enjoy myself in the difficult passages. What I love is long solitary rides on forest serviceroads and I think this one might be the perfect bike for that.

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like you got the right bike. When I was a teenager I enjoyed riding my banana seat, ape bar 3 speed through the woods in West Germany. I don't get much opportunity to do the same with my current cross bike.
    My wife isn't aware of my last 3 bike builds. Fortunately the actual $ involved were from bikes I repaired and flipped on Craigslist. I hope your wife will be gentle - we all need a healthy hobby.
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page