Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A First time for me.

Last week I was on holiday. Just a week off to get some jobs done around the house and garden. It was leading up to a Firework party for the neighbours and is an annual event that we have. Well the garden got tidied- Found the Sealskinz gloves in a Garage Cupboard that I had lost. Tidied the bike shed and found lots of spares that I never knew I had and even went to the LBS to get a new crankset for one one of the bikes. Just did not get a ride in- I was so busy or if not busy- then it rained and I could go tomorrow. Saturday came the Fireworks and a B-B-Q in the garden to go with it. Snow was threatened for Saturday night but it never came. Think it was too cold but had plenty of Braziers- open Fires and Chemineas to keep every one warm. Sunday and up with the sun to tidy the garden in 24 deg F temps but no cloud and the Sun would warm everything up. IT DID. Up to 30 deg F and rain. Roads were Icy and it was cold. 2" of rain fell and it was horrible.

So for the first week in a long time- I did not ride.

That has not happened for a long time. Problem is that The weather does not look like breaking till next Friday and the temp may get up to 40F but there will be a breeze- of around 30mph.

Think I'll have to go to the gym this week.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We awoke to a very British-look weather this morning, i.e. cold and foggy. Thankfully the club ride had a lot of long climbs, so I was able to warm up on those. Went inside the coffee house when I got there, just to warm up!

Other riders rolled in for about an hour (different routes, different speeds for the riders), but by the time I was ready to leave, the sun had come out and the temps were quickly in the 60's (16C). So quite the reversal, and I'm glad, since now (three hours later) we're into the 70's (23C) again.

Rick / OCRR
    Last edited by Rick@OCRR; 11-23-08 at 02:27 PM.

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i seem to have one week every year with no riding. This year, it was because a week of rain and some travel.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades