Thread: Too much pie?

My Bikes
    Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much pie?

Yesterday my wifes sister and her husband came for Thanksgiving dinner. Between my wife and her sister they made a pecan pie, a key lime pie, a pumpkin pie, a lemon merange pie, a traditional apple pie and an apple pie with oatmeal crust. After two helpings of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green bean cassarole I had to wait 15 minutes before eating some pie. I then had a piece of the key lime with whipped cream on top. It wasn't a big piece so I had a piece of my wifes apple pie too. I then waited a couple of hours and had more turkey followed by a piece of her sisters apple pie, with ice cream and then a piece of the pecan (my favorite) with whipped cream. This morning I had cereal and then at 10:00 I had a piece of the pumpkin pie with whipped cream (nearly as good as the pecan).
    I left the house on my bike and it was about 10 miles before I could get to 90 rpm. I couldn't seem to get warmed up to my normal pace. I rode 45 miles and just got home in time for a late lunch. I had a turkey sandwich and a piece of pecan pie with whipped cream. Yummy.

My Bikes
    Basso, Tommaso, Ibex, Schwinn, SWOBO, Trek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like most of us, a good ride is in order to burn away the festivities. I too had some serious pie indulgence's.
    Mom's cooking was fantastic with dual helpings of turkey, etc. and two pieces of pumpkin, apple crumb and vanilla ice cream nuked for 27 seconds.........totally awesome.

This morning spent 3 hours raking leaves..tommorrow is my 27 mile ride at 18mph.
    This should put me back to my normal 186 lbs.

I have senior moments... bikinfool's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a huge feast and mucho vino to boot. Just finished cleanup after a late rise from the sack and am not motivated to ride at the moment, it's damp with a cold fog out and it's warm here in front of the computer...hoping it clears a bit then go out later.
    suum quique
    Mountain bikes: Santa Cruz Hecklers (99, 02, 07), Santa Cruz Nomad, Moots YBB, Trek OCLV Pro Issue, American Breezer
    Road bikes: TST, Trek 2300 (Carbon/Alum)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Thanksgiving Feast for this dude as I was at work all day. The bride offered to make up a meal for me but I thought it best if she just enjoy the short time she has with the daughters who were home from school. They all ate at her sister's place. My bride did make up some Potato Salad. Her's is the best I've ever had anywhere. She also prepared two Pumpkin Pies which my one daughter and I devoured. No commuting today as I'm afraid of what the roads will be like at 5:30 this evening with all the crazy "Black Friday Shoppers". We've got a road trip planned for Sunday & Monday and then it's back to the same old routine. There were two pieces of pie in the refrigerator this morning, I hope one is still there when I get home.

Happy Trails

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a quick fox for that Bloated feeling

HI,

Post thanksgiving clenaning of the bowels.......
    I eat 6 prunes drink a glass of water and by morning the tube is clean..
    Doug....
    The Mighty Prune Can Clear any blockage.......
    Last edited by djnzlab1; 11-28-08 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty proud of myself.

Yesterday:

1 bowl of oatmeal and 1/2 glass of milk in the am.

Went for a great walk with the wife.

At 1:00

one helping of turkey, dressing, potatoes, roll (a couple) some fruit and fresh veggies. Then one piece of pumpkin and one piece of pecan.

Nothing else the rest of the day except 1 piece of pumpkin pie.

Today:

Then this am, up at 5:30, walk to gym at 6:30, swim 45 minutes, weight room 45 minutes and spinning class 45 minutes. Then picked up youngest son from his residence, had my "breakfast" at 11:20 and then walked with him as he rode his 3 wheeler another two miles.

Now it is time for a nap!
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoMad View Post
    Between my wife and her sister they made a pecan pie, a key lime pie, a pumpkin pie, a lemon merange pie, a traditional apple pie and an apple pie with oatmeal crust. After two helpings of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green bean cassarole I had to wait 15 minutes before eating some pie. I then had a piece of the key lime with whipped cream on top. It wasn't a big piece so I had a piece of my wifes apple pie too. I then waited a couple of hours and had more turkey followed by a piece of her sisters apple pie, with ice cream and then a piece of the pecan (my favorite) with whipped cream. This morning I had cereal and then at 10:00 I had a piece of the pumpkin pie with whipped cream (nearly as good as the pecan).
    I left the house on my bike and it was about 10 miles before I could get to 90 rpm. I couldn't seem to get warmed up to my normal pace. I rode 45 miles and just got home in time for a late lunch. I had a turkey sandwich and a piece of pecan pie with whipped cream. Yummy.
    What ride are you in training for. That sounds like Carbo- loading on a big scale to me.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

too old for bike shorts? cyclehen's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Trek 7.3FX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is never too much pie... only too little riding

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclehen View Post
    There is never too much pie... only too little riding
    True. Pi can never be too much, because it is always between 3.141592 and 3.141593.
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069

My Bikes
    Litespeed Blueridge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard on the news that a typical thankgiving dinner would take 20 miles of brisk walking to work off all the calories. Instead, my husband and I just had a big salad for Thanksgiving. Yesterday we walked 9 miles and I went to the gym and worked out for an hour. I don't want to pile on the calories unless I can work them off and have fun at the same time. We rarely indulge to much.
    Cats are people too.

My Bikes
    Jamis Commuter 3.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikinfool View Post
    We had a huge feast and mucho vino to boot.
    Man between all of the vino and the awesome Turkey feast, I was leaning to the left later in the evening!
    “Cycling is like church. Many attend, but few understand." -Jim Burlant

Jamis Commuter 3.0
    Raleigh R500
    Trek 800
    Dahon Boardwalk

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me just say I'm dreading the Monday morning weigh-in. Sigh.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "There is never too much pie... only too little riding"