Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Bikes
    Merlin Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he recovers fully and quickly.
    Make sure he gets a very good lawyer...this is when you want a very hungry shark on your side.
    Good advice to not do anything to the bike except keep it somewhere safe. Perhaps have the shop just evaluate the condition of the frame, etc. Under most insurance that is a separate settlement than the physical/mental injuries.
    When it happened to me I received full compensation to replace my bike within 30 days while the law suit took over 2 years to settle.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Good luck to your friend jppe - may you be ok also.
    +1

I never know quite what to say to threads like this...
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to add my condolences; tell your friend that we're keeping good thoughts for his speedy recovery.

It's really a shame that he's laid up, even worse that it's happening during the holidays.

Take care of yourself, too.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking of the both of you. Hope for a quick recovery for your buddy. I am trying not to think about what it would be like if it was myself and one of my riding buddies going through the same, even though the thought keeps surfacing.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For those who cringe when they think about this, there have been some really good articles in the last couple of months of Velo News' "Legally Speaking". Its available online. Interesting information there on how to boost your insurance coverage and how unlikely it is that the drivers insurance is enough to cover you and your medical. Several recient articles have documented the recovery process (medical and legal) and give an excellent insight into how much is involved.

When at the Velo News online page, go down to the bottom in the contributing authors colums and click on Bob Mionsky to see a listing of past comumns.
    Last edited by maddmaxx; 12-02-08 at 04:36 AM.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    For those who cringe when they think about this, there have been some really good articles in the last couple of months of Velo News' "Legally Speaking". Its available online. Interesting information there on how to boost your insurance coverage and how unlikely it is that the drivers insurance is enough to cover you and your medical. Several recient articles have documented the recovery process (medical and legal) and give an excellent insight into how much is involved.

When at the Velo News online page, go down to the bottom in the contributing authors colums and click on Bob Mionsky to see a listing of past comumns.
    Excellent Maddmaxx!! Many thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12